1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

J W PRO COMBO STOCK FOR 1100/11-87/870

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Ruck, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Remember.... if you're having trouble finding the new Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic, you can get the same stock and recoil system that we furnish to Remington for your own 1100/1187/870!
    See the pictures below and call us for yours today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ken Rucker..... Speedbump Stockworks

2. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

0   0   0

Nice!!!

JK

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Thanks!!

Ken

4. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

0   0   0

Consider carefully before buying one of these stocks. Due to the lack of felt recoil, you will consume shells at an unprecedented rate. You may be seen looking in the trunk and under the car seat for more shells because of a lack of recoil fatigue. You'll want to spend more time at the range because the accumulated effects of recoil no longer camp out in your shell bag.

They may look all nice and cute, but they ain't no cheap date. Kinda like buying a horse--once you pay for it, you really start spending money! In all seriousness, I've got RA and recoil has been a very real issue in my shooting for the last few years. At one time, 75 rounds was about all I could handle. Gave up on the over under,went back to the 391 and I could do 150-175. Switched from a 391 to the Remington 1100 Competition and could handle 200-250 an afternoon, with maybe a few side effects the next day.

Put the Pro-Combo on the 1100 and I shoot until I run out of shells. Don't have sense enough to leave some at home. 350 in a couple hours and, while I may be getting a little tired from the gun weight, recoil still isn't an issue with 7/8's or 1 oz loads. That may not sound like much for some of you real men out there, but given where I was, I think I've died and gone to heaven.

P.S. Anybody know where I can buy on reloading supplies cheap?
    Dave

5. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I didn't pay him a cent, I swear!!! LOL!

Ken Rucker

6. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

0   0   0

Ken,
    Do you mean....the check's no good? I knew I should have cashed it before I posted!

Guess I'll go shoot some more. Oh. Wait. I'm outta shells.
    Dave

7. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Pure rubber.....watch it bounce...LOL....Hey, I got a Versa Max on the way......gonna seeif I can put an Auto-Buster on it, too!!

Ken

8. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

0   0   0

How short can you maike it? Is 13-13 1/4 possible?

9. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

0   0   0

The Auto Buster might be just the ticket for the Versa Max. IMHO, it needs a litte weight in the back end to balance out the barrel. Add the recoil reduction in with improved balance and it could be a really good thing?
    Dave

10. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Shortest lop with the Pro-Combo is 13 7/8". This requires fitting a thin Kickeez pad and is an additional $50.

Dave, we'll see about the Versa Max.

Ken

11. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

0   0   0

Ken,
    The Pro Combo doesn't fit--too small. The screw buttresses in the stocks look the same dimensions, so there's no reason I can see that one couldn't be ground to fit.
    Dave

12. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

0   0   0

LOP to the end of the plastic is 12 7/8. There is 1/2" space to the buttresses nad looks to be enough room to get as short as the Pro Combo stock. The Versa Max stock is still bigger at that point, so even with shortening, it would have to be a bigger base plate.
    Dave

13. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Size is no problem......the grind -to-fit Auto-Busters are way oversize to be able to fit anything. I knew I'd have to fit it, but that's the same thing I do to any stock other than a Pro-Combo. I should have this week and we'll see what happens.

Ken

14. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

0   0   0

Ken what about the Gold 10 Ga. I have both wood and synthetic stocks? 10tenner

15. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Sorry , 10tenner, not familiar with that gun. Is it a BROWNING Gold 10 ga ?

Ken

16. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

17. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

0   0   0

Ken, Yes the Gold 10 ga is a Browning gun. The new Lite version alloy receiver is approx 1 1/2 lbs lighter than the older steel receiver. Need some recoil reduction. 10tenner

18. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Take the pad off and see how far is from the end of the wood to the action spring tube. Also, is it the right lop for you now?

Ken

19. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

0   0   0

Ken, there is 1 1/4 in from the bolt head to the end of stock on the wood stock, and the synthetic would be the same. P.S. I will be getting the Model 1100™ Competition Synthetic by the end of next week. I may want to add a higher add on rib, how much do the taller posts on the comb cost? 10tenner

20. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

How thick is the Browning pad an do you need to change the lop??? The taller posts for the 1100 are $20 per set.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1100 remington trap stocks
pro combo remington 870 stock
recoil reducing stock remington 1100
remington 11-87 recoil reducing stock
remington 1187 trap shotgun

remington 1187 trap stock

remington 870 competition stock
shortening remington synthetic