1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

J. C. Henry Shotgun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kolar12, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Does anyone know of a J C Henry side by side shotgun? I am trying to sell it for a friend and want to know if it is worth anything. I thought that I read someplace that it was made in Belgium in the early 1900s. Thanks, Gary

2. setter

setter Member

From above site:

"# 11634 - Henry Shotgun purchase
    9/3/2005
    Thomas

I am considering buying a Henry, 12 ga., double barrel, exposed hammer, shotgun. I don't think it has a Damascus barrel but it appears very old. Winchester collectors has no info. Mr. George Madis recently passed. Any information or contacts would be appreciated.

Answer:
    Thomas- Henry shotguns have no connection at all with the Henry rifle made by Winchester or its designer. Alexander Henry was a very fine English maker. J.C. Henry Arms Co was a name used by a Minnesota distributor on guns made by Crescent, a maker of low quality guns under at least 100 different names. George Henry was another English maker but nothing special. Henry Gun Company was a name used on Belgian made guns in the early 1900s, typical cheap export guns. Frankly, unless you are looking for something to hang on the wall, I suggest you invest your gun money in just about anything else. John Spangler"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how much worth j c henry single shotgun

j c henry shotgun

jc henry arms

jc henry double barrel shotgun

jc henry shotguns