1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IWB holsters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Old Cowboy, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Looking into inside the waistband holsters, I see some of them have the loop to secure the holster to the belt even with the gun and some have the loop behind the gun. What are the advantages/disadvantages of the two options?

John C. Saubak

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I have a few IWB holsters but found out I don't like anything in my pants but me! I wear them on occasion but not my fave.

I have the Milt Sparks and few other top brands but prefer a higher ride belt holster covered with a longer shirt. I buy tall polo shirts for summer wear.

For cooler weather I love my Coronodo Leather vest with inside holster pocket.

I know I did not answer your question but I at least bumped you to the top.

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Thank you, I appreceate your opinions and suggestions.

4. Krieghoff100

Krieghoff100 Member

Look at anything Kramer makes - the best by far!

Www.kramerLeather.com

Greg knows how to make a comfortable rig

Stuart

5. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I use iwb holsters and like the ones without any restraing straps. Just draw and fire. It is one less thing to have to do when there may or may not be an extra second. John

6. steele

steele TS Member

Look into a "Sticky Holster". I met a rep for these at the NRA convention in Pgh last year. They are designed by an ex-LEO for plain clothes work. I was a little skepticle at first, but they really work well. Basic, simple, & very well priced. They are made from a latex/neopreme type material. Just stick inside the waistband & they stay there They don't ride up like a few I had. You might be pleased with these. I posted the site above.

Butch from PGH

7. vmthtr in green bay

vmthtr in green bay Member

I am using an IWB holster from Nates Custom Holsters. Have 3. Really like them. Get the band to hold open holster when no gun, really helps to reholstering.
    [​IMG]

8. wlc

wlc Member

For IWB carry of small guns, the thin Kydex is hard to beat. The pj holsters add almost no thickness to the gun. I have several leather holsters but none are as comfortable.

9. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

Kramer,Milt Sparks,I have both,both do an excellent job.
    Jim

10. 2ndhandsmoke

2ndhandsmoke Member

I have a pure kustoms holster from Rocky out in Arizona. It is the "Black Ops Pro" for commander length Kimber Pro CDP 45. I would highly recommend him and he was very pleasant to deal with and we talked about shooting for 45 Min. when I was ordering. He can do quite a bit of custom engraving and details on the leather as well.

I did some searching and he seemed to be one of the only makers that had a IWB that is tuckable and also can be worn as an OWB if you unscrew the loops. Made custom for each model and length of gun. I'm very pleased so far and it is comfortable to wear all day.

As an aside, he found it unbelievable that we can spend $10,000+ on a shotgun but he had no problem owning about $25,000 in a few custom 1911's and a handful of kimbers. different strokes, different folks.

purekustomholsters.com

Hope it helps,

Chris

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Depending what you are carrying,,,,,If a Glock et. al I like the kydex type and Comp-Tac's Minotaur gets my vote for those. It is also tuckable so you can wear without a cover garnet. If a Steel gun like a 1911, I prefer leather like a Milt Sparks, Kramer, Andrews Leather, etc. Biggest concern for carry is the belt. Make sure is double thickness as this will real help in the concealment.

12. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Thank you for all the responses so far. What are the advantages/disadvantages of an "offset" belt loop?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.