1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I've heard it said.................

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RichC, Aug 11, 2013.

1. RichC

RichC Member

I

that a Kolar is a combination of the best features of a Beretta, Krieghoff and Perazzi. True or not, what are the outstanding features and or charcteristcs attributed to those three brands? Please not my gun is better than yours!

Thanks,
    Rich

2. GR Eubanks

GR Eubanks Active Member

I've heard the same thing about kolars, but never heard Beretta mentioned. lol

3. johnboy

johnboy Member

Annual service by Krieghoff International for the K guns starts out at 350 and go up from there. Two friends of mine have their Beretta's serviced by Beretta at a faction of the price!

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Well the lockup on the Kolar is similar to the 680 series Beretta except the locking bolts are a lot bigger and trapezoidal shaped as opposed to round pins.

The Kolar has a detachable trigger like the Perazzis do except it is a coil spring mech. Very good quality trigger though and the breaks are glass smooth and consistent.

I suppose you could compare the styling of the Kolar to the K80 - obviously different actions but there are other similarities regarding appearance, weight, barrel spacing etc. One of my trap pals shoots a K80 and when we rack the two guns side by side you do need to take a second look to determine which gun is yours.

FWIW, I am a Kolar owner that shot Beretta 682s for many seasons. Still have the Berettas and still like them. But in all honesty, the Kolar is just a nicer shotgun. A guy doesn't need a gun like that to play the trap game but it sure makes it more fun.

5. RichC

RichC Member

Thanks for the replies.

Rich

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Kolar locks up similar to the Beretta, Trigger drops out similar to the Perrazi
    w/coil springs, POI adjustment similar to a K-80.

All on a Grander Scale.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot