1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I've done it again!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim Porter, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

59 years old--shot trap five years-reloaded since I was 14--moved into a new house with a roughed out basement two years ago. Spent a ton of money and more time finishing it out just like I always wanted a reloading room. Built new tables, shelves, added lighting, everything. Bought two new top line loaders. Place looks like a calendar photo for reloading.
    Now I can't afford shot!!!
    Would not have it any other way!!

2. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Got any pictures of your finished reloading room?

Would be neat to see.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Well, Jim, if you're like me, you'll soon have that ol' house for sale and you'll do a few more loading rooms by the time you're 65<;-)....Bob Dodd

4. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

Jim Porter:
    Have you thought about making your own shot? Its not that expensive to get started and you can probably pay for your equipment quickly.
    Jim Stewart makes the best shotmaker around and he makes a Single Bowl or a Double Bowl. With # 71/2 drippers a Single will produce about 45lbs per hour.
    A Double with #7 1/2 drippers will produce about 90lbs per hour. Take a look at Stewart's web page at:http://www.geocities.com/jstewart1934/My_page.html
    You have to type all of the above exactly in the space to get the page.
    If you will email me I will send you pictures of the shotmakers.
    I don't know how much you shoot but between Jim and myself we spend only a couple of hours a day making the shot and then reloading our shells.
    Don't give up on shooting just because of the price of shot.
    Ellen O'Connor

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

misspelled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.