1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

It's winter and I'm bored.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tron, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I need ideas. What type of shooting related experiments do you feel would be interesting and thread worthy?

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Extensive testing needed ? Jeff

3. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Tron, why don't you just come down to Stoney Ridge,OHIO....less than an hour from you. Shoot some TRAP in the WINTER and I'll give you my SKB to take back and work on ?? Shoot and get Work? I'll even pay for your rounds ! (4 MAX). DEAL ?

4. Tron

Consider that a deal....but, as my friends will attest to, I will not shoot registered targets when it's below 60 degrees (not kidding). You don't have to pay for my rounds either. Are you talking registered?

Check your PM's!

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

A laser pointer will keep you and kitty entertained for hours. : )

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Tron, Road trip to Chicago and will shoot in the cold and then go for a beer or two!

7. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

sex????????????? maybe,,,just a thought,,,,

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

TRON, how about doing a EOTECH sight test on that budget single shot trap gun you fiddled with a while back. The gun name is not comeing to me. Or even better try out some of the budget holographic sights on something.

9. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

How about a choke patterning experiment??

We talk a lot about chokes (whose are "best") and patterns, but no ones really looked at this.

Here's the idea - take one shotgun, and several identical chokes from the same manufacturer and see how they pattern - looking for consistency both in choke designation and from choke to choke from the same company.

Sound like fun??

David D

10. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Volunteer work>The Mustang Ranch needs a Piano player.

Bo

11. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I thought your artistical talents had you off and running on a second business. I don't know what you would have received on a commission basis, but the masterpiece obviously never reached it's full potential. Have a good day, Bob

12. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Tron, do what I'm doing this winter. I've been working in the big garage/workshop loading every hull for shotgun/rifle/pistol that I have componets for. Keeps me busy between corn burner refillings. Once I have everything loaded then I can start polishing the HD's.

If you're that bored come over to Ohio as I could use the help.....the pay isn't great but the wife's cooking is great!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the 60 beer shots in 60 minutes on tape. Of course referees will be required to document the carnage.

14. Tron

What sort of stuff does she cook? Can she make meat pies? My Nana used to make meat pies that were out of this world. I also like a really good pot roast....is she any good at pot roast?? I've seen some people really screw up a pot roast and I just don't get it.

15. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

It may be a bit far for you....but we are in the middle of a remodel on the clubhouse. All the beer you can drink while you are working....'course if you cut a finger off you are "on your own" and you won't get anymore beer.

Rick in Mt.

16. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Rick:

Im sure if Tron was to drive that far to work and then cut a finger off then you would hear from his beer lawyer!!

As I have heard in the past if one losse's a finger at work while drinking a Beer then they are entitled to full benefit's according to what ever policy holder they have.

Fog

17. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Yes Tron she makes a mean pot roast. My Irish and English would like to get to know Kitty as well!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

18. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

The winter here in northeast Ohio can be long but I find the best way to handle it (shooting interest-wise) is go to the gun club twice a week and shoot (we shoot the bull, drink a lot of coffee and shoot trap.) Also, get caught up on your reloading will keep the winter blues to a minimum. I don't dislike the winter as the old saying, "..everybody complains about the weather but no one does anything about it." This is my first year of being retired and after working a job 50 hours a week, it took adjustment. Not bragging but sure to feel lucky to be able to be retired. Enjoy the winter. Darrell

19. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Something that could keep your mind challenged would be to edit and interpret the threads written by some of our challenged bunch who don't know what punctuation, paragraphs, antecedents, and subject/predicate relationships are.

20. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Savage99Stan

Are you talking about me if so I don't give a Rat's ASS ok if you wasn't talking about me then carry on.

Just sort of thoght you was talking about me.

Foggy!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.