1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Its very Sad, dont you think

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gundog, Aug 12, 2013.

1. gundog

gundog TS Member

Its good to see the young shooters coming on in the ATA, but it is so sad to see the shooters of my day starting to slip. The Staffords, the Kiners, Leo, Munson an so on. These guys were as good as they came but time catches all. So from one average shooter to shooters like these men thank you ,it was a pleasure over the years to watch all of you shoot!!

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

There is a solution. Make the tatgets easier!!

3. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

I am currently on the bionic eye and reflex transplant list , I'll be back LOL . I still watch those guys shoot , they make it look so easy .

4. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Leo should not be included in your list.

Clyde

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

All of those shooters can win any event at any time still

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Pulldude,
    I feel differently. There are so many of the old guard that are still competitive. Kay Ohye
    Ray Stafford, of course Leo - and many more from the 70's and 80's. Go to a big shoot and see how few young or even middle aged
    shooters there are.

7. JT 27

JT 27 Member

1 oldtimer, the end of the Leo era may well have arrived.

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I see that George Snellenberger shot pretty well yesterday?? I think he was a shooting star when we threw glass balls?

HAP

9. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Pulldude I fall into your category. Time takes its toll on almost all of us except those lucky guys who who somehow overcome the aging process at least for now.

I really miss registered trapshooting, impossible now, because of a nasty back condition. Once in a while I'll participate in a 25 or 50 bird prize shoot but that's my limit.

It does remind me of all the friends I made in the sport and that's the part I miss the most.

The Grand at Vadalia was the high light of my year except when Kiner ran over me with his cart :)

10. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

JT 27, that was appropriate now wasn't it!!!! Thanks for having confidence in L's recovery!

olliedawg, how was this post and its content relative to your ongoing saga of repeatedly stating the same context?

Every era has had their starts. Our present developed many outstanding super stars/hero's of the game who not only accomplished many unthought of records any accomplishments but who gave back to the sport in many ways because of their gratitude for what our game gave them. Along with this they were considerate, respectful and friendly to others. This is something we don't see often in other sports. Our heroes seem to not have a need to display egos. While many have achieved many years of life, I would never count any out. Many have been dealing with health issues they are still here n kicken butt. Right now Big L is at the top of the list with health adversity. He'll be back and not done with record setting!

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Top Guns ( Big Dog's) that have been around for a number of years ain't done yet, you can put that in the bank ... I seriously doubt that Big Leo is even close to done yet even though he has had a few set backs ... The man is a Champion in his own right and will always be part of the History of Trapshooting ... Thats just the way it is ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The thing about being at the top of a game that is all about perfection is that there is only one direction to go. (down)

So instead of thinking that a certain big name shooter is regressing, think of what they have accomplished and the standards they have set. Call it the immortality of trapshooting or whatever but just be glad you had people like that to watch play the game.

13. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Leo will be back.

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

JT,

What an ignorant thoughtless statement. You ever think of giving words of encouragement?

15. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Not only will Leo be back,..he will be stompin a mudhole in our butts again in no time at all

16. yunggun4

yunggun4 Member

I agree with HAP. George is a phenomenal shot and very nice guy... he has been around forever and Can still shoot the lights out whenever he wants. One time he was telling me a story of back in the old days when he would use a nail for D primer and old newspaper for his wads.. Corwin