1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

It's time to turn the tables on GUN OWNERSHIP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jack Daniel, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel TS Member

In reading the many passionate threads as a result of the Virginia Tech shooting, I think it's time we (gun owners) make a full court press to let the rest of the World know that guns are not devices for killing people, but tools for the defense of people! Defense against other humans that may be larger or greater in number, against evil and oppressive governments. If handguns were only meant for killing, than every cop is a defacto murderer, right? Of course not! And we must not allow the debate to be about how guns for hunting and sport are o.k. Who gives a sh*t about hunting and sport? Those are secondary benefits of gun ownership. The right to bear arms was never about hunting , sports or competition, it was about the right of an individual to protect himself and his family, period. And while were at it, how about some lawsuits against the politically correct crowd that allowed this demon to run free. How about someone suing Virginia Tech for denying their students the right to protect themselves since the school was not able/willing to do so? How about suing the police agencies that did not protect the citizens? How about the doctors and mental hospitals that had this guy on their radar and still allowed him to remain free? Are not all these people responsible? I would say if someone can successfully bring a lawsuit against a gun manufacturer, than these people all should be held responsible too. If logic and common sense are not enough, lets swing away at their pocketbooks.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I agree, but who among us has, and is willing to commit the financial resources necessary for such an effort?

NRA is the only entity I can think of. I don't know how proactive they can be with such an emotional issue.

Unfortunately "Punish the Pistol" is the mantra that will be heard the loudest.

HM

3. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel TS Member

No, you're wrong! If each one of us, every single gunowner, stands up and says: We're not going to let you lie anymore, we're not going to continue to stand by and let you misrepresent us and firearms as evil." things will change. That does not cost anything financially, just the will to change things and being vocal. The core of this problem is us, white american males. We've allowed ourselves to be accused of everything from racism to genocide. Well as for myself, I will no longer be victimized. I am not guilty of anything, and more importantly, I'm not going to let you say that I am. It's this attitude we must have to win. The NRA is doing it's job, but we cannot rely on that alone. We cannot send in our membership fees and say we've done our part. We have to take the fight on ourselves.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    MOLON LABE!

5. jim davis

jim davis TS Member

" He couldn't kill that many people if he couldn't buy those handguns" is one of the most stupid arguments some of these anti-gun advocates pushing on the table?

People keep forgetting. How many handguns used during 9-11?
    None!!! But we lost more than 3,000 innocent people.

How many handguns Timothy McVeigh had when he killed 168 people ?

These sick people use WEAPONS and sick people will make weapons out of anything when they want to go a killing spree. No matter what you get away from them, they'll find a way.

Imagine what could he accomplish for a second if this sicko VT guy was renting a Ford Excursion and step on the gas pedal during the busiest hour of the campus streets.

Remember, a senior guy did that as an accident in Santa Monica, CA and before he stopped he killed 10 people.

There'll always be some sick people among us and some of these guys will always cause harm to those innocent people around them.
    We have to understand that EVERY TRAGEDY IS NOT PREVENTABLE!!!

People talking about why Campus wasn't shut down after the first incident?

Let's imagine that the school was shut down. Will it be any better if this guy walks out of the campus and go to the next Starbucks or Denny's and shoot 30 other innocent people there?

What these people were going to ask then? Why the city wasn't shut down?
    Again EVERY TRAGEDY IS NOT PREVENTABLE !!! Sad but true...

I agree to a degree with Jack Daniels. We need to stop hiding behind sport, hunting kind of excuses and step up to the plate and tell the truth. I have a loaded pistol in my home next to my bed when I go to sleep. It is not there to make me insane but keep me and my family safe.

In case of a stranger's break in, I have three dogs to wake me up and 7 bullets to stop that stranger on the spot. Nothing more, nothing less...

We have to be able to explain this without fearing to be labeled as gun-nuts.

Do your part and at least talk to an anti-gun person. BTW believe it or not I am not a Republican...

Well, we're not all perfect after all I guess!

Jim

6. Brian in Oregon

One dollars worth of gasoline killed 87 people in a New York City nightclub.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I agree with the whole principle. Unfortunately, filing lawsuits and paying court costs, attorney bills, deposition fees and the like, the common man almost does not have this remedy in our society any more.

Sure, if you are in an accident situation your insurance company has a lawyer and all the trappings for you.

However..........there is a way. An organisation or committee should be formed for the sole purpose of bringing lawsuits against the anti gun interests, for the public good.

Responsible gun ownership is not understood by the bulk of the population with no firearm experience. All they know is the fear the anti's put out and much of the time it is effective.

If I am uninformed and there is such an organization I would be happy to send them an affordable donation to further the cause.

HM

8. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

With all the guns I own, I have never even injured anybody let alone, KILLED anybody. This CANNOT be said about people who drink and drive, talk on cell phone and drive, eat while drive, apply makeup while drive, dress while drive, shave while drive,...... Let's ban cars. Now let's ban planes, trucks, bikes, skateboards, motorcycles, smoking other than sex, drugs,.............................................. lobbyists, politicians, ...........lawyers who defend stupid people, ............... IMHO

9. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Jack,

I agree. Will start representing this at work and with the relatives.

10. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

What we need to do is require a background check on all public officials. If they can pass the check then we'll let them make laws for the rest of to live by. I'm sure that we would be able to own guns. Most of them would not pass the background check and I would really love to see Ted Kennedy's and Murtha's paperwork..

Gary

11. Brian in Oregon

"Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns."<br>
    <br>
    Great bumper sticker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.