1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

It's time to start making up excuses!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by crusha, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

All right, folks: It's one week out. The gender gap is gone, at least among women. The generic Congressional ballot has swung back to the GOP's favor. Romney's pulled ahead by some estimates in Ohio and Colorado, it appears he's got Virginia and Florida practically in the bag, and with Missouri all bloody, bloody red, he's forcing Obama to poke a tracheotomy hole and gasp for air in Iowa and Wisconsin - just to keep them close enough for possible court challenges (because if he loses Ohio...he will need them BOTH - and then some).

It's time to seriously consider what seemed only a year ago to be impossible: Michelle's newly-discovered pride in America might have been premature. Mittens could be getting ready to WIN this thing.

What does that mean? Well, in addition to the village in Kenya possibly getting its idiot back...and a bunch of former TS.com "Independents" who might suddenly, *miraculously* be converted into right-thinkers who will claim they were "rooting for Romney all along"...it means it's time for the Other Side to begin making up possible excuses for why they lost. (Because, you do realize, they never actually lose - they just get cheated in ways they hadn't anticipated).

So let's hear it guys! They're always positing the existence of some malevolent, omnipotent Bogeyman, plotting the Demise of Democracy. You hear it on NPR. You see it in every drunken, profanity-laced screed on Democrat Underground. So let's see if we can help them with their homework. (The correct answers will be posted on Daily Kos the day after the election).

Good night, and Good Luck, gentlemen.

I will start:

-----------------

"THOSE DARN DIEBOLD VOTING MACHINES!"

-----------------

Ok, your turn. And please, guys...try to (ahem) "keep it civil."

uncle buzz

2. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

It is all the conservative press fault. Or hanging chad. Or part of the people couldn't vote because (fill in the blank). They must have lost ballots. It was a conspiracy against (fill in the blank).

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Oh, frosty...no fair posting multiple guesses!

You have to pick one.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

It all started when they left God out. Guess I better hurry up and get my Obama phone before he leaves office. Jackie B.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I don't always agree with you buzz but dammit I like the way you think.

6. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

THE BEST ONE THEY HAVE AND WILL EVER HAVE.........................IT WAS BUSHES FAULT..............

7. 548

548 Guest

You are all seven days away from looking like fools. But go ahead and have your fun for the next week.

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Oh, come on, 538.

Can't you see we're trying to *help* you here?

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You definitely know a lot about looking like a fool. You have had tons of practice here lately.

10. ohiomike

ohiomike Member

Too easy..."Well, poor Barack had to abandon the campaign out of deep concern for the storm victims, and this incredible act compassion cost him millions, and I mean millions, of votes. A real shame, I tell you, a real shame".

Guaranteed, your going to hear this, but I think the obvious answer is that this should have gotten him MORE votes, wouldn't you think?

11. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Republicans are RACISTS AND THIS PROVES IT! THEY'RE TEARING OUR COUNTRY APART!
    WE MUST GET REVENGE! BURN THE GHETTOS! BURN THE GHETTOS! BURN THE GHETTOS!

12. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

"Hi..I'm here from the United States Congress and I'm here to do nothing...it's what we do best!"

13. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

I think hurricane Sandy will make a handy crutch.

Cheers,

George

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

If only ACORN was here!

15. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

grntitan----Its more like 508

16. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Greedy corporations funded Romney, just so they could keep their money.

17. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

It's all them Bible-thumpers an' gun-toters, dang it!

LA in MA

18. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Think Obama will file lawsuits claiming the election was stolen in view his high polls?

Too bad he did not lower the sea levels like he promised he would do when first elected.

And talking about civility, anyone see the vulgar commercial using old people made by none other than Michael Moore?

It's called Greatest Generation and is typical Moore lunacy.

19. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The Republicans stole the election because Bush ordered Sandy to strike the east coast, and with power out and flooding people just can't get to the polls

20. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.