1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

It's really sad

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by smsnyder, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

We just had a local election in our area for offices and judges. Only 15 percent turn out for voters.(Every election is important) People should be ashamed of themselves. That's why our military people go to wars so people can have a voice in government.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

True

Or they complain like on here about the state of the nation- whinners and cant even vote

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

People who do not vote should in turn have no say-so on anything in this Country. I know a few people that never vote but yet they are the loudest complainers.

4. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

I am one of those who did not vote in Pennsylvania's primary election this past Tuesday. It was not my choice but I was barred from voting in the Primary because, according to Pennsylvania law, you must be a registered Republican or Democrat to vote for any candidate in the primary election. I, being registered to neither of those parties but being registered as Libertarian, never even had the opportunity to even enter the polling place and vote for the candidate(s) of MY choice.

Its kind of ironic isn't it that

1. My money paid for taxes is good enough for the state and county government to use to allow the Democrats and Republicans ONLY to have THEIR PRIVATE ELECTIONS paid for using MY MONEY! and

2. The time I spent in the USAF defending this country from Soviet air attack (AC&W Radar duty in the far north Atlantic) in order to preserve our Constitution which is SUPPOSED to provide equality under the law, has been perverted to allow ONLY THE CHOSEN to vote to hold office in that same government that I helped defend.

So, yes I GUESS I AM ONE OF THOSE THAT DID NOT VOTE BUT I BITCH ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT. Am I now a "whiner"?

5. smsnyder

No, you made the effort to vote but could not. That 's all our military people ask. Everyone should voice there views by voting at election time.. People are dying for that right.

6. Procrastinator

Procrastinator TS Member

Maybe they're just procrastinators?

7. smsnyder

People who are able and don't vote are lazy, irrresponsible and a disgrace to people in uniform. Take time to learn about canidates and VOTE.

8. psfive

psfive Member

If you show up at the polls and are registered you should be able to vote. I personally would not have a problem with a fine or some type of a freedom restriction if you do not vote. Unless there is a good reason why not. Just like when I turned 18 I had to register for the service. Make every one register and vote.

9. gundog

gundog TS Member

I served my time in the USMC and i did so to protect the rights we have in this country. One right is our right to vote or NOT TO Vote. You also should not make the statement "Thats all our military people ask. You can not speak for them, just yourself. What a stupid statement to assert!! Think about what your saying next time.

10. psfive

psfive Member

Sorry I did not sign my previous post. Paul in Nebraska

11. grntitan

Yes in the US you do have the right to NOT vote. However, when you do not vote you shouldn't complain about the way things are.

12. gundog

gundog TS Member

grntitan, now i loose my right to free speach because i didnt vote. Where do you guys this stuff? Please understand i vote and have voted in every election since i was old enough. But the stuff you guys are saying is Bull! Next some one will say i should loose my right to bear arms if i dont vote If i vote liberal i will get my nuts cut out on this site, where does this logic stop?

13. grntitan

I said nothing about loosing your right to free speech. I'm just say'n don't bitch if you ain't doing something to fix the problem i.e. VOTE!!!! That statement is exercising MY RIGHT to FREE SPEECH. The way you are critisizing our statements you are indicating only your right counts. You have one way views. Just say'n.............

14. gundog

gundog TS Member

I was worried this would get a little deep for you.

15. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Your right to free speech is going away pretty fast. You better be watching. Here in Indiana we have a new law where the police (gastpo) me inter you house without warrant and you have no say about it. If Daniels becomes president I will tell you this. All you will have is a white Obama with change only for the worst.
    I'm telling you this guy is a traitor to the people just like Obama only on a smaller scale. Wild Bill

16. capulona

capulona TS Member

Wild Bill - you rock, dude! I like the Gestapo correlation with local Police (or Po-Po as they are called in the Hood)

17. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

If you don't vote should keep ypur moputh shut and deal with what ever it is you get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.