1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

It's Nov and its raining. What to do?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

It

Last night just as it started to rain I fired up the brush pile that I had in the field. It went up fast and because of the rain the sparks didn't go far at all. I then went back to the house and changed the water on the two country ham's that I'm getting ready to cook.

Its Nov and its that time of year again. I have two 13 pound country ham's that I just washed and soaked in the sink. I now have them on the stove cooking. I think they will be ready to come out about or around 2:00pm today. Good thing to do on a rainy day.

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

What time do we eat and how far do I have to go to get there. LOL Sounds good as I love ham but my wife keeps telling me that its bad for me. Jackie B.

3. Auctioneer

If my doc knew I was cooking salt cured ham the doc would kill me. LOL There are somethings I will not give up. Counrty ham is one of them.

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

Amen There is nothing finer than good country ham. Not the fake stuff they try and pass off now but the real stuff Usually from one of the Mennonite farms in your area. That and a bunch of fresh home made rolls with real butter. Like you all the things my doctor says I can't have.

--- Chip King ---

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Now Real Country Ham is outstanding!!!!!!!!!!! To bad I can't find any close to me at all. Its been some time since I have had any. Theres some good stuff in the Carolina's, but I can't remember if it was North or South. Enjoy it auctioneer. How bout bring some down here this winter. I'll be able to smell you out if your going to the Silver Dollar this year. LOL. Break-em all. Jeff

6. neofight

neofight TS Member

Oh, this is just great. I am on a sort-of diet and i opened this thread : ) I have not had a good ham in ages. I suppose a trip to Taylor Meats wouldn't be a bad thing.This day finds me in the shop, treating all the fuel in my gas powered equipment and getting rid of the clutter.

I like what you are doing much better! Will you adopt me?

7. neofight

neofight TS Member

Oh, this is just great. I am on a sort-of diet and i opened this thread : ) I have not had a good ham in ages. I suppose a trip to Taylor Meats wouldn't be a bad thing.This day finds me in the shop, treating all the fuel in my gas powered equipment and getting rid of the clutter.

I like what you are doing much better! Will you adopt me?

8. dverna

dverna Active Member

On those cold miserable days I spend some quality time with either Ms Spolar or Ms Ponsness. I am running a bit low on pistol fodder so the Dillon sisters (of which I have four) may get some attention too.

I tried to juggle two girlfriends but they would not understand that I could love them both. In contrast, my bevy of reloaders has been supportive of fulfilling my various needs without drama.

Don Verna

9. skipsor

skipsor Member

November cold? We have been in the 90's all week with shorts & t-shirts still the uniform of the day.

Sorry to hear about your rain but I will have a bite of your ham when it's finished cooking.

10. Auctioneer

I started at about 8:30am and finished about 3:00pm. Put a coating of bread crum's, brown sugar and grounded clover on top of the ham's and put it in the oven for about 8 min. Yes I did try the small pieces that did happen to fall off the ham. Just right too. I will slice them up on Friday.

Also I have to add to those who are in the same boat as I am. Yes I'm also on a diet and have lost 35 pounds. I didn't have any ham's last year to cook so I cooked two this year to make up for last year. LOL I also had high blood pressure because of salt but I HAD TO HAVE MY COUNRTY HAM. Sorry doc but I only have my ham once a year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.