1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IT'S NOT THE GUN..IT'S THE SHOOTER

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin62, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

WHAT A LESSON i LEARNED THIS WEEK END. 2 YEARS AGO A FRIEND AND I DECIDED TO TAKE UP SKEET.ALL WE HAD WERE TRAP GUNS MINE A WINCHESTER ENERGY SELECT AND HIS A BROWNING XT. WE TRIED TO SHOOT AND DID TERRIBLE AND WE JUST KNEW IT WAS BECAUSE WE HAD TRAP GUNS AND COULD NOT SHOOT SKEET WITH THEM.

TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, WE WNET AND BOUGHT DIFFERENT GUNS AND WE STARTED SHOOTING WHAT WE THOUGHT WERE GREAT 20'S AND 21'S SOMETIMES A 24. WE REALLY DID IMPROVE.

WELL 2 YEARS LATER WE HAD SHOOT MANY 25'S AND 24'S, YESTERDAY WE DRAGED OUT THE TRAP GUNS AND SHOT SOME REALLY GREAT ROUNDS WITH THEM IN SKEET.

I COULDN'T NOT BELIEVE IT WE WERE HITTING THEM AS WELL AS IF WE WERE USING OUR SKEET GUNS.

BOY DO i FEEL A LITTLE FOOLISH, I COULD HAVE SAVED A FEW DOLLARS ON GUNS, BUT IT'S NICE TO HAVE A SELECTION TO CHOOSE FROM. I JUST HAVE TO LAUGH AT OURSELVES WE WERE JUST LIKE 12 YEAR OLD KIDS.

IT'S NO THE GUN IT'S THE PERSON AND THE TIME SHOOTING.

2. Lance S

Lance S TS Member

please turn off caps lock, no one likes being yelled at.

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

dolphin62:
    If you were using trap guns with a full choke and you did well in skeet, it was a fluke. If you used trap guns with choke tubes and put in an open choke, I than can believe you did well shooting skeet. Many skeet shooters today use higher stocks than years ago, including monte carlo stocks. So out of the two that I mentioned, which set up did you use?
    Steve Balistreri

4. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

improved cyclinder and cyclinder bore....full choke no i'm not that good.
    sorry about the caps.

5. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

No way... I KNOW every time I miss its my gun. I am getting another better shooting one before I shoot this weekend.

6. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

I BOUGHT A 28 GAUGE TO MAKE ME SHOOT BETTER

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

At my age nothing beats a new/used gun except maybe one of my daughters Victoria Secret catalogs

8. Mismost

Mismost TS Member

At my age nothing beats a new/used gun except maybe one of my daughters Victoria Secret catalogs

HAHA! We don't really need either one, but both would nice to fondle!!

9. 870compman

870compman TS Member

What is wrong with owning more than 1 shotgun. I have always said you cannot have enough shotguns. I used to tease a friend because he was always trading shotguns.

Jim would go to an event, shoot the 16yd targets, make a trade for another shotgun and win the handicap. I have bought some of his off falls and they are good shotguns, he wanted to trade them.

the 870Compman

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Well if that's the case there's no hope for me.

11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Trap guns usually have a built in vertical lead, not good for skeet shooting. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.