1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IT'S GETTING TOO EXPENSIVE!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tron, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

I went from about 600 rounds a week down to about 200 or so. It's just getting to expensive folks....any more and I'm going to have to throw in the towel and take up something else.

Any ideas of what else to occupy my time??

Tron

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Make shot and sell It to us for cost!

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

You could become a professional armature TS.com poster.

4. Steve NJ

Steve NJ Member

Fishing? lol

5. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

It's funny Tron. I remember 2 or 3 yrs. ago having the golf vs. trap, which is more expensive discussion on here. I was a serious golfer for 12 yrs. At the time the thread was on here, I showed how golf was WAY more expensive. My, how times have changed. At the course I was a member at, on weekends you can now play 18 w/cart, 2 people required for 20.00 a man. It's a really nice course, not a craphole.

The only thing that keeps me from going back is the fact that it takes so long to play a round.

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ya know ... just a few weeks ago I went into my small meager stash of back up ammo to grab whatever I could that would cover me to shoot since I was short on time. I had one box of Remington game loads that I am currently shooting for almost everything. I currently pay $4.14 a box for them and this box had a price sticker on it of $4.99. I dont remember exactly when I bought those shells but it had been at least 7 or 8 years ago.

Yeah prices are high but actually prices are down from what they were years ago.

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Tron, what kind of therapist did you see to get over your bout of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? I see you're making serious progress seeking a cure for your illness. Tell us more!!

8. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

IT GETS RID OF THE RIFT RAFT ..Blast away !!!!

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I cut back from 50/singles and 100/handycap three times a week to once a week. I've also been playing with 7/8 loads. Am I typical? I don't know, I love to shoot, but I refuse to pay these sky rocketing prices for componets or shells. If more people took a stand the prices would drop. All pricing is based on demand. I.E. low demand = low sales = less profit = price reduction = high sales = increasted profit. That is the way the circle of marketing works. Everything else is "BULLSHI****."

10. oletymer

oletymer Member

It all depends on what the demands are for the materials used in the components of a shotshell. Right now all the material is in demand. Keep the faith the prices will drop as the supply increase in the next 12 months.

11. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Join the crowd...many - especially retirees - are finding they have to cut 'way back. My next approach will be to get into shooting .22 pistols and rifles so I can keep burning powder and enjoy a shooting sport. At $5/box, each shotshell costs $.20 - I can shoot a .22 maybe 15 - 20 shots for one shotshell punching paper or shooting metal. Just another idea. Best Regards, Ed

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

I'm thinking of selling my vast collection or ultra premium custom trap Mossberg 600's to help fund my shooting. If I can only get a hundred grand or so per gun I will be in shotshell heaven.

13. DocJim

DocJim Member

"If more people took a stand the prices would drop. All pricing is based on demand. I.E. low demand = low sales = less profit = price reduction = high sales = increasted profit. That is the way the circle of marketing works. Everything else is "BULLSHI**"
    He's right on target. Unfortunately the amount of lead diverted to make shot is insignificant in the toatl demand for lead. The vast majority of it is going for industrial use in India, China and other "developing" countries. We could ALL boycot shot sales for a year and it would not effect the commodity price of lead and hence of shot!
    Jim G

14. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

At Markham Park in S. Florida which is a county run facility the target prices will increase on Oct 1. Single round price will go up $1 to $7 a round. We will be increasing our ATA rates by $2 per event to cover the increase imposed by the county. It should be interesting to see what effect the price changes will have.

Eric

15. oletymer

oletymer Member

Got to agree with Tuna. I am shooting the 22s more now. I still shoot trap but have lowered the amount. The 22s are fun to shoot and are a hell of a lot cheaper.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I bowl with a bunch of guys who are now and probably forever former shooters and all of them blame the over all increases in cost for them having to give it up ... Many of them are turning to .22's to get their shooting fix and none of them seem to be having withdrawls ... I was asked just last night if I was interested in some trap guns that haven't been used for 5 years or more by one of them ... It sure don't look good for the shooting sports in the future ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

ATA big shoots only.

18. atashooter

atashooter Member

I'm like Shannon, I hit the big ATA shoots, but have laid off the smaller. I also have followed Zara and started shooting my bow more.

19. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

You have to be nuts, so trap costs more, what dosen't. You have been shooting with the same guys for years, good pals with a common intrest, what are you going to do if you quit, play cards? I have been shooting 50 years all my good friends are shooters. So, quit go home cut the grass, watch the boob tube, drive your wife nuts. Or, quit smoking, buy cheaper beer and booze, drop your TV cable bill back to basic, savings of $75.00 a month. Use your cell for long distance calls save $50.00 a month. Save your beer cans and recycle. But if you quit you won't come back, too much money to get back into form. Enough said. Fast Frank

20. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Tron's trolling on a jet ski? <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> or at least a powered kayak.

Keep it up Tron.... great job. Need a lure? <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.