1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

It's anti-free market to bailout the Detroit 3...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crusha, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

...But we're getting ready to bail out Citigroup.

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

SSDD,,,

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Corporate welfare.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

20 Billion dollars on one company...sneaked it in over the weekend, after close on Friday, and before opening on Monday!

...but we're suitably pissed about Detroit's private jets.

You can sure tell which companies the Fat Cats own stock in.

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Do you really think Obama will turn his back on those who elected him?? Political suicide to go against his UAW union brothers.

Don

6. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I hope the Big 3 come up with a whole lot better ideas going ahead than their past barn burners! puablo
    [​IMG]

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

BIGDON
    The UAW is the one big reason I do not support the Big 3 bailout. They are not willing to take ANY concessions but are "fine" with $70+ per hour costs for a worker. OK - Let them eat cake.

I don't believe any CEO is worth $10 million plus a year either, but that is chicken$hit compared to the costs of maintaining the Union status quo.

If the UAW cannot change, then bankruptcy is the only way to dissolve the existing contracts. Mitt is right, giving these clowns another $25-50 billion will not change things. They will piss through it in 6-9 months and then what?

Buying a drunk another drink will not sober him up.

Don

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Back up a few years to when children and dogs were getting pre-approved credit cards? Now, the time has come to pay for all the fun and games the big dogs had at our expence!! What a COS!!!! Washington politicians bought Barneys plan so now the tax payers have to pay again!! This crap has to end! Hap

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Just one little problem in trying to coorelate these two industries,,,,it is called FDIC. If Citibank is not helped and does go under,,,,FDIC will be out of money for quite some time,,,,can you say run on the banks,no loan monies etc.,,,without some protection of the money put into the banks,,,,the economy will stop....

10. perazzi2005

perazzi2005 Member

We have not been --free market-- for a long time with all of the government intervention., EPA,Equal opportunity laws,,etc.. Is it ok to throw money at AIG, Freddie May or Mac , the banks but not to LOAN money to the big 3 ?? What about all the non-union workers that supply parts for the big 3 ?? It just isn"t a Union thing or a non-Union thing.. Maybe some of you smart guys can explain to me why Anyone can believe that CONGRESS has any solutions when in fact they are the idiots that have enacted the laws that prohibits the free market concept!! Thanks for letting me vent a little--------Dave Oberst

11. perazzi2005

perazzi2005 Member

We have not been --free market-- for a long time with all of the government intervention., EPA,Equal opportunity laws,,etc.. Is it ok to throw money at AIG, Freddie May or Mac , the banks but not to LOAN money to the big 3 ?? What about all the non-union workers that supply parts for the big 3 ?? It just isn"t a Union thing or a non-Union thing.. Maybe some of you smart guys can explain to me why Anyone can believe that CONGRESS has any solutions when in fact they are the idiots that have enacted the laws that prohibits the free market concept!! Thanks for letting me vent a little--------Dave Oberst

12. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

See the referenced video. Representative McCotter makes a very eloquent, logical speech. He correctly identifies the downstream costs of doing nothing very well. Also note BF's comments at the end.

Best,
    Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.