1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

It's Always the Democrats.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

From the NRA website:

"Friday, February 08, 2008

This week, Senator Edward M. Kennedy (D-MA) and Congressman Xavier Becerra (D-CA) introduced "microstamping" legislation titled the "National Crime Gun Identification Act of 2007." The bill is co-sponsored in the Senate by Senators Feinstein (D-CA), Menendez (D-NJ), Lautenberg (D-NJ), Durbin (D-IL), Schumer (D-NY), and Reed (D-RI). "

2. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

It goes to show you that there are extremists on both side of aisle. Look and see how many dem.s signed the same resoution that Cheney did. See how many Rep.s want you to be arrested without probable cause, without council in the patriot act. Because they THINK YOU MAY be a terrorist (excuse) or talked to a terrorist. You have to get rid of radical extremists of BOTH PARTIES to save are beloved Constitution. It is the only thing that saves us from being a dictorial, or other opression goverment, not the politicians or one party, but us. Vote wisely... Mike

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The Patriot Act is a national security act, not a useless gun law, of which we have too many. I'll bet there would be a "fee" associated with the mocristamping. Either a passed on cost to the consumer, or a registration fee!
    The 2 acts have different purposes and goals. Not comparable. Yes, I'm a NRA member. Are you?

4. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Sett., maybe, but bith parties are saying that they are protecting you, same lame EXCUSE... Mike Lifetime ATA member, off and on NRA (myfault)and a veteran when it wasn't kosher to be one. Also, foremost an American and then a Somerst Co. Pa. republican card no. 178880. REMEMBER; Ron Reagan tore up his life membership to the NRA and supported the brady bill and to the right wing he is the messiah, just listen. Mike

5. tomk2

tomk2 Member

The NRA's campaign of describing law enforcement officials as "Jack Booted Thugs" caused Reagan and quite a few other conservatives to resign their life membership in the NRA. I think Daddy Bush did the same. That campaign caused me to delay joining the NRA by almost a decade.

6. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Tom, the accusation was accurate at the time it was made. I think it no longer applies thanks in no small part to all the attention those accusations spawned. When a government agency acts like "Jackbooted thugs",(i.e., Waco, Ruby Ridge, etc.) we fail our constitutional duty to sit quietly and say nothing.

Buz

7. GRR

GRR TS Member

I just don't understand it....the Patriot Act why is everybody up in arms. If the government wants to listen to my telephone calls, go right ahead. I have nothing to hide......he's what they will hear "Roy what time should we meet Saturday at the kwik trip for breakfest and head out to the Blizzard shoot? Bill..did you make reservasions for the Grand yet? Carabo has a sale on 700x lets go monday.

It seem the only people who don't want to be listened to are our Senators.. What do they have to hide? Like how did Hillary's personal wealth grow to 34+ million. She went 9 years without a job and 8 years as a Senator, how much do we pay them anyway? That's why they don't want somebody tapping into their phone calls. Hey Brno, bump off Vince Foster, he cut me off.

If by listening to phone calls and it stops a terrorist act its worth it.

8. I WON

I WON TS Member

tomk2

And how would you describe janet reno and louis free ?

9. tomk2

tomk2 Member

A tastless add campaign that went too far, and may have accomplished nothing other than alienating a portion of the organizations current or potential supporters. Of course, the NRA likes to be controversial when controversy brings in members and drives up donations. But when it appeared to be backfiring, they let it go, I don't know if it provided a net gain or loss for the NRA. Now the NRA pretty much sticks to hysteria about the anti-gunners, which seems more appropriate to me. Not an endorsement of governement actions at Ruby Ridge or Waco at all, just noting the historical context of Reagans actions. Thus, quiting or not joining the NRA at that time did not necessarily mean you were anti-gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.