1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Its a Go!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Well guys this is something that I think is way over do. I have commissioned sculpture Greg Marra ( he did the Chris Kyle statue) to make a World War ll Tribute Menorah. I had a vision and Greg is making it come true. It 's 9 battle crosses , 3 from the US, Brits & Russians ----with correct boots ,rifles and helmets
    above the central battle cross will be a broken Star of David being held by three sets of warn hands.

With luck it will be done by Memorial day-- As a Jew I would not be able to post this & I think this site would be non existant if it wasn't for the sacrifice of the soldiers I hope the sculpture's skill will bring forth,

Phil Berkowitz

2. The Stive

The Stive Member

What a great thing to happen. Thank you Phil. John

3. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Wow Phil! When finished please guide us to pictorials.

milt

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Gentleman & fellow vets, I am planning on having the following unit patches on the U.S. Helmets--the 442, The Big Red one, 101 Airborne--room for 3 more on the U.S. helmets looking for significant patches for the commonwealth.---the Russians did not have any unit insignia on their helmets

Thanx=Phil

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Good job Phil

6. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Where's it gonna be placed. My girlfriend is a Jew and would be honored to see it

7. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I don't know for sure. but timing is of the essence--I would love for it to be unveiled in DC & the memorial day concert---its a big pice 15' x 8'high x 4' depth--if that doesn't work---I'll let everyone know
    Phil

8. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Thanks Phil.

I had a brother in the 78th Lightening Division. He was on the wrong side of the Ramagen Bridge when they blew it up. He did make it across Germany and into Berlin before he made it home. We didn't have electricity back then, we had an old battery powered radio and there was hell to pay if it got used for anything but the news. Dad had to take the battery to town to get it charged back up when it got low. I remember many evenings with the folks almost glued to the radio trying to hear any news of the unit my brother was in.

I appreciate your remembering those guys.

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Without those guys I would not be here. I'm hoping to Get Medal Of Honor receipient Tibor Rubin to be at the unveiling, he was a concentration camp surviour who wanted to be a "GI Joe"--he held off batallion strength North Koreans single handled, but when his unit was captured--he was the only person who had training on how to be a POW--he was a holocost survivor

Phil Berkowitz

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.