1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

It's 10:00 - Do you know where your guns are?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Porcupine, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I went looking in the gun safe for one of my less-used trap guns the other day, and it wasn't there. Hmmm. So I broadened the search: workshop, garage, office, closets, wife's wash room (WTF?). I finally did find it the next day, tucked away where no sane person would ever have found it.

The moral of the story here is a lot of us are getting 'older' shall we say, and maybe a bit more forgetful. If you have any firearms 'tucked away' someplace, every once in a while take an inventory and make sure you know where they are. For that matter, take a written inventory of all your guns and keep that list in the gun safe.

Cheers.

Old Porcupine

2. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Luckily I'm a poor college student and sold everything I own to buy my Krieghoff, 870, and 1100.

And all 3 are sitting up against my wall!

3. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Sam...I dont know if the words poor and Krieghoff go in the same sentence. Did it cut down on your beer money? :)

Forrest

4. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I know what your talking about. My father-in-law died several years ago and he had 40 to 50 pistols, rifles, and shotguns. I'm not sure we found everything, as his son got the house and found 2 rifles and a shotgun in the attic under the insulation.

I also have misplaced my guns. I had to refresh my insurance coverage of my guns and spent the better part of two days looking for a .300 Wby that I had, case and all stored the closet of a pickup camper that I haven't used in 10 years stored in my barn. What a dumb S--t. FD

5. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Yeah, but you were thuroughly prepared for a zombie attack if'n you had to make a run for the barn! lol.

Well, it's K32, not a K80, so I only had to sell one Kidney....not both.

You're supposed to spend money on beer? I thought those cups were free!? Who knew ;) Beer is obsolete in my diet now anyways. Part of my 'weight loss' plan. Down 71 lbs!

- Sam

6. larryjk

larryjk Member

WARNING! Someone said make a list of where you put them. A friend was proud that he had saved a bunch of money by not purchasing a gun safe. He always took the bolts out of his rifles and stashed them when he left home for a short period. Then came the day when he wanted to use his .308 Norma for an elk hunt.
    He doesn't talk about it any more, but I don't think he has ever recovered that bolt. I have not seen him shoot that .308 Norma since?

7. JRD

JRD TS Member

I made a log a few years ago of all the guns that I own, it has since came in handy as I have relocated twice in the last 4 years. I have guns stored at friends and family members homes. This log is the only way I can remember what was left where. I own 2 gun safes, one is at a family members house and has the majority of my guns, the other is with me and has mostly firearms that have been purchased since the move. But I do know the feeling of misplacing a gun, I have placed pistols throughout the house for defense purposes and couldnt remember where. Now what good would those do me? LOL

8. Alpha_Three_Niner

Alpha_Three_Niner TS Member

I went on a treasure hunt to find my old single shot savage. I knew it had to be in the garage. I went to the garage and found my favorite pair of socks on the clothes line. I put on the socks. I then found my boots and put them on. The grass outside the garage looked a little tall, so I went ahead and fired up the lawn mower and cut the grass. I then washed the truck. I came back in the house and took a shower. Dirty clothes in the wash... I then opened a beer and watched a little TV. ...for the life of me, I can't remember why I went in the garage in the first place....

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

In my locked gun room...

10. T/C

T/C TS Member

I'm really happy to hear there is another person in this world that owns a .308 Norma Magnun. I thought I was the only one. Mention a Norma Magnum and most people think it's just another .308. My Norma, @ five & 3/4 pounds, on a Springfield action, with the Douglas barrel kills on both ends. 10 shots makes snot run out your nose, but it's good snot, real shooters snot, not for the weak hearted. Groundhogs turn into a nice, cherry red red mist.

11. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

My weapons are right in my safes or in my shoulder holster.......right where they should be!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

12. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

JB;
    I don't have any weapons since leaving the Marine Corps. They are just rifles, shotguns, and handguns. FD

13. southpark

southpark TS Member

I'm not so old and this has happened to me too.

14. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Yep! Ya reach that certain age and wham-o Memory goes in the tubes. Same for me. Only I haven't missplaced any guns yet. But do have that problem of getting up off my duff and start going in a direction then I'll stop and say to myself. Where was I going and what was I going to do? Finaly after putting many things together I'll either say forget it and set back down or in time I'll figure it out. Getting up in age is a BITCH and at times can be very inconvient. Rich.(inPeoria,Az.)

15. larryjk

larryjk Member

T/C, The .308 Norma is a fine rifle, except maybe a 5 3/4lb. Springfield. They don't kick when you are looking at an elk. That caliber is actually one of the better behaved in an average wieght rifle.

16. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

This problem happens to me daily. Need to put lights in my vaults.
    I think I will buy two more and put Win.s in one and Rem.s in another.

Joe Woods/Ontario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.