1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ithica 4E

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by TCYCOLORADO, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCYCOLORADO

TCYCOLORADO TS Member

0   0   0

have an Ithica 4e that is in near perfect shape and in original condition. Wood has very minimal light scratches blue is decent. Looking for the value with possible interest in selling
    Thanks!
    Tim

2. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

It is Flues or Knick? Barrel length? Pistol grip or straight grip stock? Pictures will help.

3. tj303

tj303 Member

0   0   0

It is ...Ithaca...
    Thanks,
    TJ
    Ithaca,NY

4. chuckles

chuckles Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I just looked at 3 of them at Cabela's yesterday, the best like new was $3400 the others were $3200 and change...

Beautifuf guns, they had beautiful wood, beautiful bluing, nice engraving I would call 99%....

regards

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Anybody paying that much for a 4e that is not a two barrel set is a fool. And like my olGrandmother use to say a fool and his money soon part. You can buy a nice 4e knick gun for under 2 grand if you look around. I bought a very nice one for 1695. last year. The 34" barrels are worth more money and hard to find.
    Bill

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Cabelas is not a good source for pricing

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I would say a good knick would go for $2300 to $2500 and anything less than that is a good deal.

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

Bill, Whats the avg price for a clean 5E.

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

10. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I,v seen two or three 4-E,s for sale in the last year or two at a local gun club . One was very nice about 95% over all price was 1500.00 it did,t sell . Last one I bought was in a hard case and was a good 90% I gave about half what Cabelas,s is asking . If you feel like paying out the a$$ for a gun it,s your business but don,t say a fair price is stealing it .

11. wm rike

wm rike Member

0   0   0

In the scheme of things, an original gun is pretty unusual. After all, we're talking trap shooters here. Most of what is out there will have been modified in some way. Most didn't spend their life in a closet, so 94% finish or less is the norm. I'm just throwing numbers out here, but a 4E with 90-94% finish, some nicks and dings in the wood, and a Gooey pad on the back might be $1500. Make that an original gun with 99+% finish and the price will easily double. Easily. Winchesters, Parkers, Ithacas, whatever, the lay of the land is the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what is the value of an ithica 4e in good shape