1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ithaca Victory??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jm1079, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I have just acquired one of these in great shape except it wont fire. According to a friend of mine, it might be a firing pin problem or a weak hammer spring. What I would like to ask is if there is something I can do to try to fix the problem before I send it off to a gunsmith? Thanks for any help. JM

2. Tim Earney

Tim Earney Member

JM, Everyone I have ever known has had problems with Victory's mis firing. I would recommend that you contact Diamond Gunsmithing in Utica, NY. He is one of the best, especially with any Ithaca product. He is a pleasure to do business with. He also has a very good web sight.

3. Tim Earney

Tim Earney Member

JM, You may be able to buy a replacement spring from Wolfe Gunsprings. They will probably not have a direct replacement but if you measure the length, wire diameter, and coils per inch of the old one they are usually very helpful and will send soemthing very close to size that you can fit to length.

4. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Thats Ithaca not Utica.

5. wm rike

wm rike Member

First step - is it a Flues or a Knick?

6. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

It is a Flues with a straight stock. JM

7. wm rike

wm rike Member

JM. I suspected. The Flues are more fragile than the Knicks, and repairs a bit more difficult. Unless you are a dedicated hands-on guy and willing to maybe fabricate or weld a part, I'd recommend you take the easy way out and ship it to someone familiar with the Flues guns. Tim recommended Diamond, and they're probably as good a place to start as any.

8. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

The one that I had shot real well but the forked cocking piece kept breaking and it wouldn't fire.

Dave

9. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

If it were a Knick, every spring in the gun can be replaced in ten minutes by a fifteen year old or in fifteen minutes by a ten year old.

10. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Would this gun be worth going to all the trouble of having it fixed? Like I said, it is in great shape in both wood and metal. JM

11. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Certainly it's worth it. Just make sure the fixer knows what he's doing before you drop it off. I would use Diamond.

12. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Can someone pls tell me where there serial number can be found on the gun? Thanks, JM

13. SPORTALLURING

SPORTALLURING Active Member

Should be in a couple places, inside fore end, bottom of barrel and on the table of receiver.

Sportalluring

14. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Thanks to all of you for your advice and suggestions. JM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ithaca victory

ithaca victory trap

ithaca victory trap age

ithica victory
shooting a victory ithaca