1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ithaca Victory, Single barrel trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Piper Mac, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piper Mac

Piper Mac Member

At our local dealer recently and they had a Ithaca 'Victory' single barrel trap gun. Was quite old but in decent shape. Never heard of this model, was it a bare bones version of thier 4E/5E? It look very much like an 'E' but with plain receiver, the forearm looks almost identical to the 4E. anyone know the history on this model. Thanks

2. Andy Ott

Andy Ott Guest

Mac,I shot one for two years and yes it was the bare bones model of the 4 and 5 E,it shot just as good as the fancy models with no engraving.The problem was keeping it shooting,I would shoot it on the week end and have it worked on all week to fix what broke.This guns serial # was over 400,000 but still broke pretty regularly.It shot soft and patterned great.

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Piper I sent you most of the info in a PM. Bill

4. Piper Mac

Piper Mac Member

Thanks for the info, Andy and Bill. Bill I replied to your PM....

Piper Mac/Dave McIntyre

5. Piper Mac

Piper Mac Member

While on the subject of Ithaca, recently shot with a friend who had pulled a 4E out of his safe after many years, it had a straight or 'English' type stock, i.e. no pistol grip. Most 4E's and 5E's I have seen had a pistol type grip, Was this straight stock common with early 4's and 5's?

6. BILL GRILL

Dave, Not as common as the pistol grip but you do see a number of them around. The info I gave you came out of a book"The American Single Barrel Trap Gun" by Frank F. Conley. If you are interested in history of trap shooting and guns it is a Must Have.

7. Piper Mac

Piper Mac Member

Thanks, must add that book to my Christmas wish list....

8. BILL GRILL

Dave, I have the books on Parker on my wish list. I already have the Ithaca, LC Smith, And Fox Gun Co. books in posession so I am a lucky guy. I got interested in these guns a couple of years ago. My goal is to have a single and double barrel TRAP gun in both by Parker,LC Smith,Ithaca, and Fox. so far I have a single in all and a double in Fox and Ithaca. I also shot my first 100 straight at registered this summer with a Ithaca 4e. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ithaca single barrel trap history
ithaca victory single barrel trap for sale
ithaca victory trap

ithaca victory trap gun

ithaca victory trap shot gun
ithica victory trap
parts list for ithaca 4-e single barrell trap gun
single barrel trap guns