1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ithaca/SKB import O/U

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BPSR, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BPSR

BPSR Member

The model of the Ithaca is a 500 O/U. It says on the barrel "custom crafted for Ithaca by SKB". How good are these guns for reliability? How hard would parts be to get for one if something should happen to break? What would the value of one of these in decent condition be?

2. BPSR

BPSR Member

The model of the Ithaca is a 500 O/U. It says on the barrel "custom crafted for Ithaca by SKB". How good are these guns for reliability? How hard would parts be to get for one if something should happen to break? What would the value of one of these in decent condition be?

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

They are not a bad gun. Around here it would bring around $500.

4. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

I've had a 500 trap for over twenty years. Send it to Guns Unlimited every other year for tune up. No charge except for parts. It has never failed on the line, it is my doubles gun.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The SKB has many desirable features that are not obvious until you shoot it and look at the action with the stock off.

They have leaf mainsprings. The ONLY disadvantage is that they will eventually break. They give a higher level of performance than coils. Annual service and replacement of springs and firing pins will give you a supremely reliable, superb handling gun.

They are straight forward in design and easy to service.

6. BPSR

BPSR Member

Thanks for the input. I should have mentioned that this is a field gun. I won't be shooting any trap with it if I were to buy it. It's a 20ga., I just kind of like the looks of it, haven't got to handle it yet.

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

SKB is located in Omaha NE, should you have a problem I'm sure they can help. I've had mine 30 years 5800 O/U Trap, and have put thousands of rounds through it with out a failure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

skb 5800 trap