1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ithaca / SKB Century Trap ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gncc600, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gncc600

gncc600 TS Member

I picked up a pretty nice Ithaca Century Trap 32" Fixed full choke for what I thought was a good price for quality of the gun. It looks like a gun that should cost thousands at first glance. Does anyone have one or have an opinion on them? Are there any spare parts i should track down to keep on hand? I have been told they shoot pretty flat but other than that I know very little. Either way it will look nice in the safe beside my MX2000 and TM1.

2. cbat

cbat Member

I have owned several over the years. For the money they shot and functioned very well.

Last year I sent my son's Century to Sycamore Hill Designs in Victor NY to restore the stock and Fore-end. They did an outstanding job and for a very reasonable price.

Sycamore Hills did have replacement parts if needed.

3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i had one 2 yrs ago, bot it at a gunshow. very nice gun. ididnt thin it shot flat altho it sure felt like it! had ejector problems along with firing pin but this was a very dirty unkept gun. when cleaned up and operable was a beauty! call bill voss / gun works omaha ne he is the skb gunsmith and also operates out of his house for personal business wally riebesell

4. dws

dws TS Member

I had one that I bought new when they first came out and it was and still is a good gun for the money. I recently sold it to someone as a first/starter trap gun and they are doing well with it. The only down side is parts are not as readily available but they are available.

Dennis

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Is it a Century 1 or a Century 2 ?

6. gncc600

gncc600 TS Member

Its a century 1

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have owned several. I like shooting them, thet seem to fit. Quality is ok, not excellent but for a $600 gun they are a good buy. They do throw a good pattern and make a great handicap gun. Like the 870 and mod 12 they kick some

8. vdt

vdt Active Member

if you are looking for any parts or wood ..Ron Sharp ,in Dunville ,Ontario has all parts and lots on brand new wood[ stocks and forends ] 905-774-6368....tell him Vic sent you

9. gncc600

gncc600 TS Member

Thanks for all the great info guys. Ill probably keep it for a 3rd string gun but I will bust it out a few times a year if I can hit with it.

10. subaru

subaru TS Member

I just bought one and am very impressed. I think its a better gun than my BT99. Someone who wants a trap gun without spending a load of cash should give this a hard look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ithaca century trap

ithaca century trap gun parts
ithaca century trap pattern
ithaca century trap shotguns parts
ithaca skb century trap

ithaca skb century trap shotgun

skb century 3 shot pattern
skb century trap gun parts