1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ithaca SKB 100 Side by Side Comments Experiences

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 410 JIM, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 410 JIM

410 JIM TS Member

Anybody have one or two of these? Have you heard about the stocks cracking where they are joined to the receiver? Is this a good or bad gun? Found real nice one for $600.00 locally. Thanks for any info. Jim

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I had one, 25" 20ga. Great gun. Ended up selling it b/c I didn't have a use for it, but wouldn't hesitate to buy another. The stocks are prone to cracking due to the inlet design, mine was cracked and acraglassed before I got it, and it didn't move during the short period of time that I owned it. It may pay to have a qualified stocksmith bed the action properly to prevent it from cracking in the future.

3. Borchardt

Borchardt Member

Funny, mine isn't cracked. I have bird hunted with it for 35 years.

4. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

I have a 20 ga. 200, which is a 100 with ejectors. I've hunted with it for 20 years, killed s lot of grouse, and never fired anything heavier than a 7/8 oz. skeet loasd in it. No cracks...it is sound as a dollar, or as sound as a dollar used to be! Although these guns have 3" chambers, they were never really designed for anything but light loads. I think that the cracking comes when shooters start pouring heavy 1 oz. and 1-1/8 oz. baby magnums through them.

God help the man who shoots a 3" shell through these lightweights. He is either brain dead...or will be shortly!

5. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I've had two. Down to one. Neither cracked. Present one seems to kick worse than any other 20 I've ever had, however. More than my AYA or my 5100 Stevens. Nice, light and comes up nice..I only take it out once or twice a year for quail or doves.

6. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I've had several and still own one in 20ga. Never had any problems, never any cracks. The older SKB O/Us are a different story.

7. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Seems like a good price but if its really "nice" thats a steal

I had the 25 " IC/M in 12 ga, Shot a skeet straight with it the 1st time I used it

They are matte finish which is fine and they are monoblock design barrel

Take the stock apart and dremel off the sharp receiver point and it won't crack the stock

Sold mine for 750 towards a mint Sauer also with 25" bbls but double triggers

regards

8. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Just bought one! Love the gun for birds! You should buy it at the price. If you don't buy it, let me know!! I know someone who wants one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

skb ithaca 100 stock cracking