1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ithaca repair

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

I have a Ithaca 500 o/u that has served me well over the years but it now needs rebuilt. When I eject the shell it sticks under the ejectors.Anyone do this kind of work?It probably needs new ejectors and the chambers rebuilt.Hard to put a lot of money in a $600.00 gun but I shoot it very well and hate to give it up.

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The ejectors are probably getting a little sloppy in the mono-block slots. New ejectors fitted, should take care of the problem.

I really haven't seen any chamber issues with the SKBs, as being oversize, so that should be of little concern.

Doug

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

sometimes even a spot weld on the back and front of the under side of the ejector and then file to fit will work

Some of the 500s had chrome chambers I seem to remember- dont know the date that happend

Some were 2 3/4

Not sure why a chamber would need to be rebuilt- you would have to explain that in some detail-

now if there is a headspace issue that is probably the hinge pin and again a weld is a cheap way to handle that-

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Go to the above site and call Don. He will let you know if they have parts.

You have probably figured a correct repair will cost more than the gun is worth.

I would second the vote to build up the ejectors with spot welds and file to fit.

5. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Thank you for the advice.I ordered two new ejectors from skb.One more thing about this gun. It only does this with metal base shells.Put a win AA or a rem sts in it and it works OK.Not like new but it ejects the brass right out.Put a top gun in it or a gun club and it will pull the extractor over the top of the rim.? thanks again .
    Tracy

6. vdt

vdt Active Member

call Ron Sharp he WILL have the parts and advise you how to repair it ...905-774-6368

7. powderburn

powderburn Member

Yet another option:
    Check out Sycamore Hill Design, out of Victor NY. There is a fella there by the name of Frank Vallone that is wonderfull to work with. They are a stone's throw away from Ithaca NY where it all happened, and they do refurbs, repairs,etc. Frank is very eassy to deal with. Might give them a try. Just do a search using "Sycamore Hill Designs", and you're on your way.
    best regards, -Patrick

8. abcd

abcd Member

resleeve the chambers, probably worn , Done several BT99, , this also reheadspaces the chamber .new ejectors might help ????????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ithaca gun repair

ithaca repair forums