1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ithaca/Perazzi

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by angus344, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angus344

angus344 TS Member

I recently was given a single barrel trap gun by my father. It
    is a Perazzi/Ithaca. I believe it was made during the 70's.
    From the markings I can't seem to be able to identify the model.
    The under barrel markings are ACCIAIC SPECIAL KGT 470 18.5
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Bruce Kough

2. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Well Bruce--if it's a low step rib model, it's most likely a TM-1 or if it has factory choke tubes, it's a TMS. That's the gun that Ithaca sold. The TM-1 had a blued receiver and the TMS was grey/silver and had grooves/stripes running front to back. A great, almost classic single barrel trap that won many trophies in it;s day and is still a best buy out there. Clean ones, that are not altered, sell in the $1800-2000 range.

3. boomer

Well Bruce--if it's a low step rib model, it's most likely a TM-1 or if it has factory choke tubes, it's a TMS. That's the gun that Ithaca sold. The TM-1 had a blued receiver and the TMS was grey/silver and had grooves/stripes running front to back. A great, almost classic single barrel trap that won many trophies in it;s day and is still a best buy out there. Clean ones, that are not altered, sell in the $1800-2000 range.

4. boomer

5. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

You have a TM-1. The TMS came around during the Winchester years ('79 - '80). The TMS had an adjustable trigger, and many had the 1st generation Perazzi chokes (the short ones).

The striped receivers were Ithica-era imports. Some were briefly marketed under the 'Comp 1' name.

You have an early TM-1. If the choke is unaltered (like said above, they were known for extremely tight chokes and many, many people had them opened up - some professionally; some by Black & Decker), it's worth about $1600 - $1800 depending on wear.

6. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Just thought - you may have a single barrel MX8. Is it a single barrel receiver (1 firing pin hole) or an O/U receiver (2 firing pin holes)?

7. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

What's the serial number of this gun?

Ed Yanchok

8. gordy h

gordy h Member

OK, I'll jump in . I have a single barrel , striped reciver, screw in chokes, short ones with a knuraled end. Ser #0800 61xx What do I have? a TM1 or TMS?
    Thanks for the help. Butch H

9. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

you gotta MT-6

10. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

People, if you have a TMS, it will say T-M-S on the side.

11. angus344

angus344 TS Member

Turns out I have a TM1, fixed choke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ithaca perazz

ithaca perazzi

ithaca perazzi seral number 2430 worth
ithaca perazzi shotguns
ithaca perazzi trap
ithaca perazzi trap gun