1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ithaca/Perazzi question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lawsond, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lawsond

lawsond TS Member

Hello, all,

When I was 13, my grandfather gave me a beautiful Remington 870 Wingmaster with Walnut wood and a glossy black finish. I shot trap with him using that gun for most of my early teens. He shot a single barrel trapgun that is stamped Perazzi, but also stamped Ithaca Gun Company. The fore end has push button removal, and he equipped it with a release trigger. Other than that, the gun is pretty unremarkable, though it is a pleasuer to shoot (except for that release trigger, which is darned disconcerting to use...). It is tightly made and feels seamless when swung. He has recorded in his records that he paid $1800 for it in either the late 1970's or early 80's. I am not sure, as I cannot lay my hands on the records at the moment.

I took the boys shooting today, and on a lark I took along the Ithaca/Perazzi to shoot. Using it made me curious as to (a) the two-name history and (b) it's value. My wife has expressed interest in using it to shoot trap, so I'm not inlcined to sell it, though I'd still like to know if it's worth anywhere near what it was when grandpa bought it. Looking at some of the images of Perazzis on GunsAmerica that are fetching $12K, I don't have any delusions that it is worth anything like that. LIke I said, it's pretty unremarkable.

Any information you can give me on the role of Ithaca in a Perazzi being here in America or the history of that joint venture would be appreciated. Also, if any of you are dealers, any, even vague, estimation of its worth in "very good condition" would also be appreciated.

Thank you!

DL

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tm-1s usually sell for between 1500 to 2200.

Ed Yanchok

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

When Perazzi came into the US, Ithica was the importer. They are well made and if the condition is as good as you say then you could most likely get the $1800 for it.

4. otnot

otnot Active Member

On most TM1 release triggers you can tap the pin halfway out that holds the hook in place and remove the hook and your back to a pull trigger.

5. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

enjoy your tm 1.i have a 1980 tm 1 inported by winchester that i really enjoy. the tm 1,s are very very good guns. dwain

6. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Perazzi originally came into US on their own. In the early 70's they went with Ithaca as their importer. Ithaca had financial problems and Perazzi switched to Winchester, then formed Perazzi USA. The TM-1 had few changes and I have owned several. I never saw a value difference all things being equal from Ithaca, Win. or Perazzi USA. If you do not want to shoot a release, contact a trap gun dealer and make a trade. Pulling a "claw" on a release trigger makes for a lousy pull trigger. Releases are high priced than pulls as long as it is a well known release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.