1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ithaca M37 new production

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SI, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SI

SI TS Member

I am considering a M37 in 28 guage for early upland hunting. Does anyone have any experience with the new productions? Who would be a good dealer? I appreciate any constructive comments.
    Dan

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I had the pleasure of shooting one of the new 28s and it was very nice. Reminded me of my ol M17 Remington and I think the frame size is the same. Fit and finish were very good. Not as smooth as I was expecting but a few thousand rounds would probably take care of that.

The downside of the new M37 28 gauge is that they are pricey and as far as I know you need to get on a waiting list. So if you want one for next season you should start the buying process now.

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

I only have experience with the new 12 ga. If that is any example I believe they are built better than the old ones. I have several from the early 60s and the new own I bought is better than the old ones which are great also.

4. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

A friend of mine who Hunts Grouse and Woodcock in Norhtern NH and Maine has one, and LOVES IT for that application.

5. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

I bought a 28" barrel version when they first came out 3 years ago. It was still a little too barrel light for me, so I had a Cutts added and the barrel cut back to 26". With a spreader tube installed it is an absolute delight to carry, and is a deadly combo for grouse and woodcock. And, the workmanship is excellent.

6. jawingsr

jawingsr Member

Grade 1 msrp @ $999.99 and advertised @ that price @ cabela's website, one in stock at kansas city store. Higher grades are by special order only, with the highest grade msrp @ $3500.00 range, with gold added and engraved by Mains,have seen a couple of those sell, one on this site and one on gunbroker in the $2300.00 range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.