1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ithaca M37 28ga. GRADE 3 w/Gold-F/S-NEW! SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by boomer, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

SOLD--SOLD--Small bore lovers--check this one out. Ithaca Gun in Upper Sandusky Ohio introduced the Model 37 in 28 gauge a few years ago. This particular gun is their highest grade--A Grade 3. It retails for $3500. It's a 6lb beauty with fabulous wood and gold inlayed game scene engraving. Not many made and they are built on a custom basis. This gun has a 26 inch choke tube barrel and is new in the factory wrappings. The perfect game or fun clays gun. Great for southpaws too with bottom ejection. This gun has a scaled down receiver machined from solid stock. Here's a rare opportunity to get a pretty neat gun at WAY under list. $2595 delivered in the lower 48. I'm told, but not 100% certain, that Bill Mains engraves this model for Ithaca. If correct--that's kinda neat because he was one of the last engravers of the old Knick Model trap guns 30 years ago.
    boomer_2008_03031852.jpg

boomer_2008_03031853.jpg

boomer_2008_03031854.jpg

boomer_2008_03031855.jpg

boomer_2008_03031856.jpg

2. jawingsr

jawingsr Member

0   0   0

Boomer, you are 100 percent correct of Mains engraving the grade 3 and also the grade 2 in the model 37, 28ga. by special/custom order only.

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

0   0   0

Gentlemen,

You may want to check with Mr. Mains regarding the engraving on the Sandusky 28's. He shared some interesting information with me on the process: I think you will find it interesting, too.

Regards,

Kit

4. jawingsr

jawingsr Member

0   0   0

Per joe @ ithaca, tele# on their web-site, receiver 100 percent receiver hand engraved by Mains, which i was first told by third party that the 28ga. receiver was a partial roll stamp and partial hand engraved receiver. What else is being said on the market about this item ???

5. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

0   0   0

I hold the Ithaca Gun Co. in the highest regard. The Sandusky story is truly a story of the American entrepreneurial spirit. Mr. Mains is a very interesting guy and he posts his contact information on his web site. You'd probably enjoy talking with him.

All the best,

Kit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bill mains engraver

ithaca 37 gold inlay 28ga
new 28 gauge m37