1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ithaca Flues SBT, Looking For Info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rem870TB, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

I wanted to see if there was anyone knowledgeable on these guns tha could offer some comments on them.

A member of our club recently purchased a Flues SBT.

Serial number is in the mid 200,000 range with the expected "T' following the number.

It has the early style locking lugs, the wedge format, as per the picture in the upper right corner of page 115 of "The Ithaca Gun Company, From the Beginning"

It has a 30" barrel, pistol grip stock (dimensions somewhat similar to a conventional stocked BT-99), beavertail fore end.

Frame has its case hardening colors. Fair amount of relief engraving, trapshooting scene on one side, "Ithaca made in USA" on the other.

Stocks are in excellent shape.

Locks up tight, no play when open.

Bore is bright and in excellent condition (even though this gun which I think was made around 1915 had to have seen corrosive ammunition).

The new owner is quite pleased with his find.

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Sounds like a nice find. What grade? All info you need is in that book. I own several Flues guns. They are great shooters. I shoot lite 1 oz loads in them.

3. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

As near as I can tell. it is a 4E

4. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

A friend of mine has an Ithaca 5E for sale. It is one of the nicest ones available. It was fully restored. It was previously owned by Frank Conley, author of the book on American Single Barrel Trap Guns. This gun is actually in the book. Pictures are on Gunbroker. For info please call Mike Wirz of Wirz Wholesale Shooting Supplies at 909-677-7181. Thanks, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.