1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ITHACA FLUES 28 GAUGE 4E

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by flabigpapa, Jun 9, 2013.

1. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Fabulous....Wow

2. flabigpapa

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Ok, I Will come Clean on this One...It's Better than FABULOUS..As I am the One that Commissioned this Restoration...Invested Twice the Current Sale Price.
    It's as New as a 103 year old gun can be. Sold it at Weak Moment. Just wanted something else at that Minute..lol. Many can Relate..
    Up for GREAT.. NEW.. OLD GUN. Shoot Well..Shoot Often with Family and or Good Friends, Bart

3. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Stunning.

4. johnboy

johnboy Member

0   0   0

Very nice little Flues! Barrel Length?

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Very nice gun but for 6000. on a restoriation you would think they would have been smart enough to put a period correct recoil pad on the gun. I don't know what Briley charged for the tubes but it must have been a lot of coin. usually a very good restoration is less than 2000. unless the gun is a basket case. jmho :)

6. flabigpapa

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Was a BASKET CASE...Most would of Passed..Over Time ..Things Add up..Needed to be Restocked.. Never intended to have that Kind of Funds Spent.

7. johnboy

johnboy Member

0   0   0

No Ithaca expert by any means but what is not correct about the pad? Granted where the screws penetrated the pad are a little rough.

8. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Beautiful gun. Can I ask why the 28GA tubes were permanently installed in the 20GA barrels?

9. flabigpapa

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Briley ..Advised,When asked to change chambers from 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 that barrel walls were ..in Their Opinion, were Thin for Modern shell Pressures. Decided to have 28ga. tubes with Screw Choke Option installed..Basic Carrier Barrel set up. Thanks for the Great Questions..And Yes it was Very Pricey.

10. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Johnboy, Buy Walter Snyders book and do a little research, The gun was built way before that pad came into existence. Also pay a couple grand a dozen times to have guns restored and try to resell them and get your money back, you'll figure it out.

If you would like to see my Ithaca collection,Or if you would like Walt's contact info to buy his book PM me and I will give you contact info. :)

Search tags for this page

ithaca flues 28ga

ithica flues 28 gauge