1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ithaca Century Trap Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JOND, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOND

JOND TS Member

I hear the Century gun kicks like an angry mule ! Also parts are very hard to find.Highly suggest the BT99. Good steady reliable gun. JOND

2. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hey!
    I have shot a Century Trap SKB since I started shooting in 1989. They have no choke tubes, and were a pretty basic trapgun. I preferred the 32" barrel to the "34-thought it swung better all around for 16s or 27s. If you can get one, I think you will love it. Parts can be a problem. Get two of them if you can-one for parts and one for the business. Browning has never made the BT with a true monte carlo stock. That has been why I have never bought a BT. Century models pattern real tight too. I once patterned a one ounce Fed. paper from 30 yards and yes, I counted the pellets I loaded into those couple of shells, and 98% punched inside a 30" circle on the pattern paper. They make a terrific backup gun for protections.
    I have a couple stocks that have had the comb cut out on to get the "monte carlo" effect, but it just does not feel the same. Yes, there will be BT parts around for a thousand years, and they are good trapguns. It feels good to beat all those Ljutics, Kriegoffs, and high dollar guns on the line with a gun that hasn't been made for 20 some odd years.
    Recoil has never been a problem. Load your shells down. It doesn't take a 1200 fps shell to break a trap target. Load them down where they are comfortable to you. Don't just load a box. shoot your experiments for a while in all conditions-wind, rain, humid, etc. ANY gun can beat you to death, if you think you need hot and fast to compete.
    I would love to have another Century, but they just aren't around much any more. You go to a big regional shoot, or the grand, etc. you're lucky if you see one Century. AND they are a pretty gun. I have gotten more compliments on my Century over the years. I have heard that the outer barrel surface is black chrome. It was a highly toxic process the Japanese used to create the stuff, and that is what shut down the Century production. I've always thought that was interesting. Anyway, sorry to ramble, but I have a passion for these guns, and it's too bad they are'nt around much anymore. Good shootin' to ya!! -powderburn

3. dws

dws TS Member

I think they are a good gun for the money. Although, as others have mentioned parts can be an issue. I have one in my safe that I bought new in 74... I don't shoot it very much anymore and it needs a little TLC - if I can convert it to a release trigger - I may go back to it. It has one of the best patterns I've seen.

Dennis

4. vdt

vdt Active Member

if you are looking for parts and wood[new]try Ron Sharpe..905-690-2482 he has it all....vdt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ithaca century pattern

ithaca century trap pattern