1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ithaca....Century trap gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by scoutmaster, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoutmaster

scoutmaster Member

My local gun shop has a Ithaca SKB Century trap gun is 96% condition. The gun is very clean over all and does not show it has been shot much.

As these single shots any good.

Greg

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

For a casual club shooter yes. For a ATA shooter shooting several thousand shells a year no. jmho Bill

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I would shop for a used BT-99 in good condition.

4. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Man I Seem To Comment On Here A Lot. Sir, I Have Had (4) Century Trap Guns And They are Good Guns. A little Light For Some Folks and Seem to Have A "Snappy" Recoil. I Used A C&H Research 14 oz. Mercury Recoil Reducer To "Tame" Them Down And Sold (3) Of Them To Ladies.I Also Had The Forcing Cones Lengthened. The Only problem I Had Was on (1)Of Them It Would Not "Cock" Everytime. I Sent It To Skeet's Gun Shop and Dean Harris Lengthened The "Cocking Rod And "Cured" The Problem. 600.00-750.00 Depending On Condition.These Gun Usually Have Good Shooting Barrels. Hope This helps. Joe W. Just Saying!!!!! JMHO

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I recently bought one of these and a BT (older) at an auction. I took it out to shoot it and had no problems. It shot very much like the bt. Same feel, samee kick. Not much differenceIn my opinion it is a nicer looking gun. Bulge.

6. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I owned two and its a lot of gun for the money ( depending what you are paying)
    its a $500 to $600 gun

7. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Over 21 years ago I owned a collection of 140 NIB guns, many trap guns but no Ithaca Century Trap model. Some trap guns I used for myself such as BT-99, Win 101 Pigeon grade, A Valmet, Mosberg with the high Olympic rib and others. After my wife died last year I took up trap shooting on a part time basis with the hope of getting my son to try it and maybe my 2 girls. They have no interest in it, especially my son who plays video games professionally. Anyway I lost my collection to a swat team years ago , but was able to keep my Dad's model 12 1950 trap gun and have since replaced my 870 comp that I lost back then too. I bought a used Century trap model several months ago and suffered 2 strokes this past August. Shot the Century last week and smoked 20 out of 25 at 16yd. I would say you cannot beat this gun for the money on looks or function anywhere. Oh I am an ex toolmaker so I can fix the broken parts myself. If you have bad luck just junk it and go with the 870.

Harry

8. missed some

missed some TS Member

9. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

There is a type 1 and type 2 Century trap. The type 2 is the up-graded
    version and starts at serial number 8801732 and higher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how much does a ithaca century trap gun weigh
ithaca century trap
ithaca century trap gun for sale
ithaca century trap guns
ithaca century trap serial

ithaca century trap shotgun

reviews of ithaca trap guns
trap shooting gun century