1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ithaca Century Trap Gun how good

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hinkton, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

How good is a Ithaca Century Trap Gun? Thank You Hank

2. Murphy

Murphy Member

I think when the gun was new in early 70's it retailed higher than BT99 but certainly doesn't bring a comparable price today. I have a Century l and love its looks and fun to shoot but I really shoot better with my 870 TB, paid $550 for my Century 7 yrs ago but I think the BT99 goes for much more today.

3. vdt

vdt Active Member

i just bought one for a back-up mine shoots quite flat and if well looked after and oiled should last a long while ,mine is a 1973 model #1 and very tight action,it was well looked after,if you buy that one and need new wood i no of a sourse [new ],i would buy it for only one reason over a BT-99,it shoots flater.....vdt

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It is a great gun for the money - usually sells for about $600-700. They do shoot very flat but if barrel is original it will pattern well

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i owned one in the 70's, shot flat but broke lots of targets. i paid $350.00 from a guy. the gun club owner told me that in his opinon it was a league shooters gun. i asked what he meant by that statement. he said lots of league shooters purchased the gun because of the price. also league shooters usually did not put as many shells through the gun as a tournament shooter. he said one major weak point was the firing pin will break on the gun, sure enough it did the day i was trying to sell it to a shooter, it broke when he was shooting the gun. they get loose awful fast. i know shooters who have shot them since the 70's they love them. what one guy did, he had a gunsmith make a firing pin out of a different metal, has had no problem in 5 years. he had to have the gun built up though, because it got loose. almost every century you will find will have a morgan pad installed on the stock, have no real reason why. i once found one that had the original pad, and the owner said those were worth more. if you can purchase this gun without barrel work done to it, suggest buy it. they are smoke poles, but may need some tlc down the line.
    steve balistreri

6. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

I own a Century II, could not be happier with it, shoots great, its a keeper!

Berettaman7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.