1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ithaca Century Info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by olddrum1, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olddrum1

olddrum1 TS Member

New here (not anywhere elsel though) and had a question. I have come across an Ithaca Century trap gun. It is as new. I just started shooting trap and have been out of the gun market for quite some time. What would be a good value on this gun. I believe that it was imported from SKB in the early seventies and has some nice wood on it.
    Charlie B.

I apologize, when you write these things, what you read later is not what you meant to say. I am not starting to shoot trap, I am taking it back up six years after neck surgery. I appreciate all the info. I would say that the gun is something over 95 percent. I do not believe that it has been fired. No stock dings nothing. Blue like new, and you are right about the thick barrel. They want 525$ for the gun.

2. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Nice looking guns that were never very popular...if truly 95% or better, I have seen them sell on Gunbroker for $800.-$1000. I shot one for a few rounds back in the 70's and do remember they were barrel heavy...a rightfully so with one of the thickest walled barrels I have ever seen on a shotgun. You want reliability..get a older BT99.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

One of the tightest full choke guns I have ever shot. Patterned at 85%+ at 40 yards. I've got one sitting the closet that I bought used and shot for 5+ years that's become a little loose at the locking lugs. Just doesn't pay to have it repaired anymore.

Eric

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I bought a very nice one 2 years ago for 600.00

6. JOND

JOND TS Member

I have heared that parts are hard to find. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will be able to address this issue. JOND

7. Heckyea

Heckyea TS Member

I bought one of those in the seventies. It kicked hell out of me, probably just the fit. I think I paid in the 400-500 range new. I loved the look of it and was bummed to get rid of it. Recoil reducer didn't help either. I have a short think neck so........................ Hope this helps.

8. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

$500.00-$550.00 seems to be a fare price. i have owned one, as well as some of my friends. for some reason almost all of these guns, have the original recoil pad off and replaced with an adjustable pad on them. i have no reason for this. most of the guns shoot flat. i know 4 friends that shot them, all had the same two problems, the guns loosen up, and all of them have had a broken firing pin. that seems to be the big problem with this gun. this is basically a league shooters type gun. most ata shooters shoot to much for this gun to hold up. my firing pin didn't break until i put it up for sale, and the guy shooting it came back in after the 3rd target and it broke. if you purchase it, after the firing pin breaks, see if a gunsmith can make you one using a differnt type of stronger metal. these guns will break targets with authority, but they have two weak points as i have mentioned.
    steve balistreri

9. vdt

vdt Active Member

Ron Sharp in Dunville Ontario Canada has all kinds of parts and wood for these guns,i mean LOTS,905-774-6368

10. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

If you buy one, get the Century II It is a upgraded version of the
    original Century.

11. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Great gun, parts are easy to find at Numrich Gun Parts, bought a forend, screws and a bunch of other spare parts there.

Paid $800 for it in 95% condition.

Berettaman7

12. olddrum1

olddrum1 TS Member

I want to thank everyone for the information. I took a second look at the gun and do believe it may have more recoil than I want to handle. It is a very straight gun with little drop. Again thanks to everyone.

13. Joey  S.

Joey S. TS Member

Olddrum1,
    If you are not interested in this gun - would you mind sending me the contact info for it. I may be interested. You wouldn't know wether it is a Century I or a Century II? My email address is santajo123@yahoo.com
    Thanks,
    Joe S.

14. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

It must be a Century ll better version $450-650

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

15. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

How do you tell the difference between a Century I and II

16. mike b.

mike b. Member

Another problem was the chamber to barrel soldering. Had tendency to loosen. I believe it's also called a "SKB" .

17. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Century I has 2 screws on fore arm latch and the II has one screw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ithaca century ii trap
ithaca century latch

ithaca century trap

ithaca century trap gun
ithaca century trap shotgun info
ithaca skb century trap shotgun
skb century trap shotgun