1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ithaca 900 Trigger Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cpradde, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpradde

cpradde Member

A friend gave me a Ithaca/SKB XL900 to repair. The trigger or trigger sear does not engage and therefore it does not fire. I had an older 300 trigger group and it looks identical. There is a lever at the back of the trigger assembly. When lifted forward or up, the trigger engages and releases the hammer. It will not do this when in the gun. Nothing looks broke or incorrect inside the receiver. The 300 trigger does the same thing. I have looked at it so long, my eyes are crossed. I suspect it's an easy answer, I can't see for trying to hard. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! xxxchris dot radde at gmail dot comxxx x's removed if the link above doesn't work.

2. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Did you get the trigger problem solved ? I have an XL900 I am selling for parts less the bolt assembly .

3. cpradde

cpradde Member

I did get the problem solved. Turns out the problem was the barrel seals. They had worn loose from the barrel mounting ring and prevented the bolt from locking into battery. The louisiana march did not get this gun this time! Thanks to those that helped-Chris

4. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Great . I couldn`t check it out since I don`t have the bolt assembly .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ithaca skb xl 900 trigger group assembly

ithaca skb xl900 trigger group

skb xl900 parts inside receive