1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ithaca 37R

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smokinbuck, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokinbuck

smokinbuck Member

Still new at the game and picking up pieces and parts. Would like some opinions about an older Ithaca 37R. 20 gauge, 28inch barrel with solid rib, white mid bead and ray bar front. It is choked full and has very nice wood. Will be shooting lefty and liked the bottom eject. Thanks.
    Mark

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

smokinbuck,

You may want to look into a Browning BPS Trap. They have a bottom eject like the Ithaca and the safty is in the middle of the reciever like it should be. These come with a M/C stock from the factory and a 30" barrel fitted with Invector plus choke tubes. The BPS shoots considerably softer than does the Ithaca. The BPS can be had for less than $600.00 new. Just a little food for thought.

ec90t

3. smokinbuck

smokinbuck Member

ec90t,
    I appreciate the comments. I do have the Ithaca, bought it pretty cheap, but haven't shot it yet. Will definitley look into the BPS. I'm certain that I will go through a number of trades before I'm happy.
    Mark

4. smokinbuck

smokinbuck Member

Wireguy,
    You are right on about the weight. It is a lot lighter than my 870 20's. Not being an accomplished shooter by any means I don't need to start off behind the eight ball, let alone behind the bird.
    Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.