1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ithaca 1911 wartime

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Does anyone have any info on a 1911 .45 made by ithaca during WW II. I have heard of these before but don't know enough about them. Description: Ithaca 1911 .45 absolutely no markings, no serial #, no manufaturers marks, nothing at all.Supposedly the war dept. needed .45's early in the war and they needed them quickly so they waived the markings in order to get them faster.What I did find out from BATF is that if the gun was made with no markings it is legal since only guns with the markings filed off are illegal.They were aware of the Ithacas. Need any info. possible on this type of .45. Thanks, Mike.

2. Old Dr. Bill

Old Dr. Bill TS Member

Ther were also some made by Singer.

3. setter

setter Member

Go to this website, select Ithaca. Then select by year, this will detail with pictures and description the various Ithaca variations. Quite interesting I thought. Ain't this here internet stuff great or what?

4. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I also have a 1911A1 Ithaca. "Property of the United States Army". Mine was made in 1945 according to the serial number. It was in as new condition when I bought it from my ex-wifes grandfather (we were still married than)who got it while in the Army. It was stolen and later recovered by the police so when I finally got it back it was not as new any more but still in great shape. Never heard of any without any markings though.

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

anyone have a Singer for sale? rick

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

FYI they were also made in Canada by Inglis, an appliance manufacturer.

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Does anyone knowd if any the above mfgs. issue the .45's without markings(serial#,property of) like Ithaca did?

8. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Could it be also a specal force gun? A gun that did not have any marking to say where it came from? or what country?

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Good thought gargoyle,I never considered that but it sounds logical. Mike.

10. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

IF I say IF that is the case it could be worth more then any standard 45. Go to Google and do a search for clubs or groups that collect's 1911's. If I can find a site I will let you know. I'm a pack rat and I hope you are to. It sounds to be a nice gun and I do hope you are going to keep it.

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Thank you for your assistance I really appreciate it.Goes to confirm my beleif that there a lot of pretty damn nice people on this site Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.