Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iternational trap

7K views 35 replies 23 participants last post by  Allen Chubb 
#1 ·
I was watching the highlites of the women's finals. The men's qualifying is on now. Will catch it later. I have a few questions about this style of trapshooting. In no particular order. Do they always: wear muffs,shoot an over/under, shoot one per post then move, have six on the line, have a large Austrian dude miss a lot?

Thank you in advance.

#27 ·
Anyone here have experience with a glove grip Perazzi stock for bunker? I'm thinking of trying one on my 32" MX-8 for bunker, but can find very little about them, even from Perazzi dealers or website. It would seem that it would give you more precision in repeating your gun mounts correctly.

#32 ·
I looked very closely at the Ergosign/Evocomp stock for my MX8. Honestly, I really see the sense in that stock, if you're willing to pay the money. For several thousand of your hard earned dollars, you can have a stock that is completely tuned to you. I understand they will even mold it to your own hand the same as the precision 50m pistol shooters grips.

In the end, the amount of changes I wanted to the MX8 made the decision to go with a new gun pretty easy. I went with an MX2000/3, glove grip, choked 7 & 9 and 29" barrels. The glove grip is awesome. Your hand and arm just lock right into position every time. Be warned, this does nothing for the head. You still need the comb adjusted correctly. The negatives for the glove grip is really only one. I was warned that I might hold it too tight and I have to watch that. It's so easy to pull the gun in that you don't realize that you have tightened up and have a death grip on that side.

My mounts have improved, or at least are a little more consistent. The right hand stays locked in place as I bring the gun up. One thing I noticed is a natural feeling to leave the elbow flying out. By dropping the elbow just a little I get a really nice lock on the stock. I'm not sure if it is the stock or a lighter gun, but my swings to the target have gone to warp speed. I'm actually having to work on slowing down and making a nice smooth movement to the target. For sure I think the stock helps in keeping the upper body locked in on the gun. But as I said, it does nothing for the head.

Wingmaster, I went with Perazzi for one reason. They would make the gun exactly how I wanted it, fit to me and with the specs that I set out. I started with a Model 12, went to a Citori, and a few others over time before I got my first Perazzi. There are other really nice bunker guns out there, but for me it was a personal choice.

just my experiences for what that's worth.

Hal

#33 ·
Hal,

I picked up a new glove grip stock in Italy last month at the Perazzi factory for my MX-2000. After the fitting, it took them only 4 hours (2 on the CNC and 2 on the bench) to finish my stock. Another two day of stain and finish and it was in my hand just before we left to come home. I got to shoot it at TAV Ponso near Padova and I shot it very well right out of the box. Upon returning home and only 4 days later, I won the Bronze Medal at the CANAM Cup at Keystone Shooting Park and just took 6th at the CANAM Cup in Montreal this past weekend. The glove grip has a different feel to it and you have to get used to it, but it really allows you to lock yourself into the gun and control the swing much more evenly then a regular pistol grip stock. In short, this is a sweet new addition to the arsenal. In my opinion, I would only have the fitting done and the stock made directly at the factory.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb - President - Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.

#34 ·
@goatskin: <i>An Italian O/U is the proper tool for the job for serious shooters.</i>

@wingmaster: <i>Just curious why Goatskin thinks only an Italian over/under is the needed gun for bunker trap?</i>

Wing, it don't matter much what *EYE* think, the MARKET has spoken, and I don't argue with the market.

I think the only ranked competitor, worldwide, in recent memory, in either bunker or doubles that was not shooting a Blitz-action boxlock was Brand, AUS who shot an SO4 until he blew it up a few years ago; since then he has shot DT-10 but he is no longer much of a medal threat.

The same names in different proportions dominate skeet. I think Matt Dryke's USAMU-owned non-upgraded, pure-stock 3200 was the last non-Perazzi/non-Beretta medalist.

I have no idea how many of the shooters are sponsored, but I would assume that most of the names don't buy their own guns. I doubt the names would change much, tho, even if they had to buy their guns. The Market can be demanding like that.

Bob

#35 ·
Allen,

Completely agree! I had my fitting done in California, and I refuse to speak poorly of the fantastic people out there. But, I think I would have had less problems with comb height had I gone to Italy. On the flip side, got that problem sorted out and now it's on to getting other items perfected.

Hal

#36 ·
Hal,

I had them put on an adjustable rubber comb on the glove grip stock and we matched all the adjustments to my current stock with the same type of comb. It was a piece of cake. The only thing you have to remember is that you need to bring your hand in directly from the rear in order to get the same grip every time.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb - President - Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.