1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ITALIAN OLYMPIC TRAP CHAMP COACHES AT KEYSTONE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Allen Chubb, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allen Chubb

Allen Chubb Active Member

The staff at Keystone Shooting Park and the Board of Directors of Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc. are proud to announce the creation of a "High Performance Camp" in Olympic Trap to be run from October 26-28 at the Keystone Shooting Park Olympic shotgun sports complex near Dalmatia, Pennsylvania.

The featured coach of the event will be Italian National Team Member and World recognized coach Rodolfo "Rudy" Vigano. Rudy has been a member of the Italian National Team for the past 25 years and just secured a team slot two weeks ago at their selection match for his 26th season representing Italy at World level events. Rudy has won medals for Italy at the European Championships, World Cups, World Cup Finals, World Championships and represented Italy at the Olympics. Rudy was also the alternate for Italy at this year's Olympic games in London. Rudy will bring a fresh perspective of the Italian discipline and training program that has propelled their nation to become a power house in Olympic shotgun events, which has garnered them 25 Olympic medals over the past 16 Olympic games.

Rudy packs a wealth of knowledge in his coaching portfolio and had worked with many National Team members in the past from all over Europe. This is Rudy's first time being invited to train athletes from the United States and Canada. Rudy is in full agreement with KSP's stated philosophy and goals and is excited to bring his wealth of knowledge to our emerging athletes. The camps focus will be centered on personal interaction with each athlete both on and off the field. The atmosphere will be one of a relaxed and non-regimented enviroment where attention to intimate details will be promoted in order to give the athletes a better understanding of the game and thereby develop a more consistant and higher performance level at future events. Emphasis of the instruction will be on physiological tendancies, psychological development, nutritional aids to increase your performance, ocular health and development of proper training habits. Video of each athlete will be immediately used to better explain style flaws and develop a solution to those issues. This will be facilitated by use of the large screen unit located in the club house.

The camp is already sold out of spots with athletes from across the United States and Canada participating, however we openly invite spectators to join us during the 2 1/2 day camp so as to see what it really takes to develop an elite level shotgun sports athlete. You will also have the opportunity to meet some of tomorrow's world class athletes. The first two days of the camp (Friday & Saturday - October 26 & 27) will begin each day at 9:00 and conclude at 5:00. The last day of the camp (Sunday - October 28) will also begin at 9:00, but will conclude at 12:00 in order for the athletes to catch their flights home in the afternoon.

Keystone Shooting Park initiated the "Road to Rio" campaign prior to our Junior Olympic Development Camp over Memorial Day weekend, which attracted athletes from across the nation. This campaign is designed to bring immediate focus to better training our athletes so as to more fully prepare them for Olympic qualifying events prior to the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio De Janerio. Each one of our sponsored events throughout 2012 to 2016 is centered on that goal and the High Performance Camp is an event of great importance to our efforts. This style of camp will be an annual event in all Olympic shotgun sports disciplines in the future as we prepare to bring on-line our new Olympic Skeet field within the next few weeks.

We look forward to Rudy driving this first ever High Performance Camp at KSP to a total success and put KSP in position to make a positive difference for the future of North American Olympic shotgun sports athletes. I am attaching photos of our facility which highlights the quality and innovative design that went into the construction of the venue.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb - President - Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Amazing facility you have Allen!

3. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Allen - you and all your helper's have built a beautiful facility in an area that was very special in the late 40's qne early 50's where I hunted rabbit's and pheasant's with the other male members of the family.

Unless someone has been involved in the operation of a shooting facility as complex as a bunker it's difficult to imagine the hard word done by the peope responsible. Well done to you all.

4. Allen Chubb

Gentlemen,

Thank you so much for your praise and kind words. It is a labor of love and we have tremendous passion for the Olympic shotgun sports. Yes, it's a lot of work as we do not have a bunker fairy wave their wand over the facility and things magically appear. We are very heartened with the responses that we've experienced to each one of our initiatives since we opened our doors on May 1, 2011. Our strategic partnerships have grown this year as we brought on board Fiocchi ammunition to compliment our existing alliances with Perazzi, Krieghoff and B&P.

As a point of interest, we're projecting that by the end of year, we will have thrown slightly over 250,000 clay targets in only 20 months of operation. That is of course facilitated by the fact that our range is fully automated and our members can use the range at their convenience. The "Shoot & Scoot" method has been a huge success and our members love the fact that they can both open and close the range with the simple flip of a switch in less than 30 seconds. To further add services for our members, we have new electronics that will arrive next week from Italy that will allow the shooters to remain on station and simply hit a repeat button on the microphone to repeat a broken or troublesome target without having to go back to the central computer and initiate the same. We also have an ATM device that will be located in the range kiosk that will afford our members the ability to self load their smart cards as their rounds draw down without an attendant at the facility. Another coming innovation will be the new "Timing Box", which serves two functions. It will automatically track the time between shooters for time delay penalties on one screen and the second screen will track the shooters reaction time from the call until the first shot is fired for training purposes. This will afford coaches and athletes alike an opportunity to have concrete evidence of reaction times so as to work on their general reaction consistency.

As you can see, KSP continues to strive forward so that our athletes have a better training environment in which to hone their skills so as to meet the challenges of the competition fields found abroad. We expect them to be operational by the end of the month and we will notify the public when they are ready.

Best Regards,

5. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Lucky green is a good color for me cuz that's what I am w/ envy for the folks that have the great fortune to have access to a facility like yours. Man!!

6. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

That is a BEAUTIFUL trap field. I love it.

i_shoot

7. perazziuser

perazziuser Active Member

Allen,

I will now send all inquires on what a bunker should look like to you. Vigano will feel at home with those shell catches. Awesome!

Jeff Holguin

8. Allen Chubb

Gentlemen,

Thanks again!!! The principal design of KSP was to offer our athletes a first class example of what a World class facility will present to them. Every aspect of KSP is to simulate what the athletes will face at ranges abroad in Grand Prix's, World Cups, World Championships and Olympics events. Yes, we've duplicated every detail even down to the shell catchers, but we've also put in additional features that they have not considered. We will continue to strive to make KSP a must attend facility for everyone on the circuit regardless of discipline. As we build our sponsorships and expand our present alliances, everyone will have multiple opportunites to join the KSP family throughout each calendar year to fire in meaningful events in order to build their skill base.

Attached are some more photos for your enjoyment. The photo with the open field is taken from the exact same spot when looking from the outfield back to the complex. This is a before and after shot. The second and third to last photos are of me acting as a "Bunker Fairy" waving the magic wand to make things appear. The last photo is of my Rhodesian Ridgeback and Range Security Officer "George". He has provided several years of faithful service and has ensured that we have experienced no lion attacks at the range during construction, training and competitions. LOL!!!!

Best Regards,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. flyfish

flyfish Member

Where is Dalmatia, PA? How do you get there from Northeast Ohio? Thanks in advance.

10. Allen Chubb

Dalmatia, Pennsylvania is located on the East side of the Susquehanna river in the central part of the commonwealth. It is approximately 30 miles North of Harrisburg. You'll want to take I-80 East to Lewisburg. Plug in 610 Game Farm Road, Dalmatia, PA. 17017 into either mapquest or your GPS device and it will get you to our facility.

Best Regards,

11. Allen Chubb

I have received several emails asking for progressive construction photos of the KSP facility. As a point of interest the bunker complex is comprised of 162.5 cubic yards of concrete, while the new skeet range accounts for another 30 cubic yards. There are many more photos on our website, but here are some highlights of our venues construction.

Enjoy,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Great facility Allen and a well done to you also!! Keep up the good work!

Hap

13. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just love shooting at KSP! Chichay

14. Allen Chubb

Hap & Cesar,

Thanks a lot! We really enjoy being able to bring a quality venue along with top notch competitions to the Olympic shotgun sports athletes and enthusiasts of both the U.S. and Canada. With the addition of the Olympic skeet field within the next few weeks we plan to add more events to our already jamb packed calendar for 2013. We are also going to host another Junior Olympic Development Camp over the Memorial Day weekend as we did this year. This camp was a huge success, so please be prepared to see more information about that event by the end of the year.

Best Regards,

15. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Wow Allan the pictures show the amount of work and attention to detail to make a first class facility. I live in Florida but have a Sisterinlaw in Philadelphia so you are now on my bucket list.
    Buddy

16. Allen Chubb

Buddy,

We look forward to you enjoying our venue on your next trip North. Just drop us an email or phone call found on our website.

Best Regards,

17. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Allen, your dedication is remarkable. If I am ever in the area I would love to stop by. If I recall when you were posting threads during the construction, the total time was around a year to build it? I can see the different seasons in the photos :) Incredible.

18. Allen Chubb

Avaldes,

Thanks a lot!!! Yes, the construction time took a little longer than expected as with every project we experienced some set backs in our plans. Ultimately, those issues were resolved and we moved forward. The response to the functional advantages of the physical plant, our communicated vision and goals for the facility has been overwhelming. Our ability to form strategic partnerships with our corporate sponsors speaks volumes of their trust in our ability and commitment to bring about substative improvements to our beloved sports.

I'm in Kerrville, Texas right now for the U.S. Shooting Teams Fall Selection match and everyone has been encouraging and their commentary has been highly supportive of our project. Likewise, the athletes have stated their desire to train and compete at KSP in the upcoming season, so it should be a pretty busy 2013.

Once again, thanks and please take a leap of faith and come out to join us next season. I don't think you'll regret it.

Best Regards,

19. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

OMG what a dandy facility, our hats go off to all that made it possible. Scott

20. Allen Chubb

Scott,

Thanks so much for your commentary. We really appreciate the votes of support. Please plan to come and join us for either a training session or an event next season. We're finalizing our 2013 calendar and we should have everything posted sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We will hold six major Olympic Trap events and at least two if not three Olympic Skeet events as well. We will also host two seperate one day events at both the beginning and end of the season. We will also once again host a Junior Olympic Development Camp over Memorial Day weekend as well as a High Performance Camp at a date yet to be determined.

Best Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
allen chubb shotgun training

rudy vigano