1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ITA BOD meeting - October 18, 2008

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jevoliva, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

I see that several threads are asking for my response on several issues. I hope to clear them up here. A synopsis of the ITA BOD meeting held October 18, 2008 is as follows (in order they were discussed in the meeting):

The meeting was called to order with 7 directors present and 2 with excused absences.

1) CERALand - We met for about 1 1/2 hours with Jim Kreutzjans, GM of CERALand. A bunch of different issues were presented and discussed with Mr. Kretzjans. The BOD were satisfied with his vision of the new range and the partnership the ITA would have with CERALand. At this point, a master plan needs to be done to further fine tune the agreement. The BOD voted unanimously to help fund the master plan in conjunction with CERALand.

2) Youth Shooting Program - The dissolution of the SCTP into S3P and the new AIM for ATA programs were discussed. Without any further detail available from either program at the time of the meeting, the directors felt that an ATA sponsored program should be supported by the ITA. Once more information is available, a more informed and hopefully final decision will be made. Item has been tabled until the next meeting in January. Marvin Lester and John Voliva will start the process of reviving the Youth Shooting Fund Shell raffle. More details to come, but the hopes will be to have all raffle tickets to the clubs for sale sometime in January.

3) A myriad of issues were discussed about the 2008 State Shoot. They include: increasing security at night, category declarations for shoot-offs, modify traps at IGC to be able to house PAT traps, maintenance needed on the grounds (to be consulted with Steve Smith), 10 targets per post, cleanliness of bathrooms, erratic targets, golf cart rental contracts, shell house hours of operations, several issues with the shoot program, and adding more options to Wednesday's handicap event. We will be looking for a report on the amount of money needed to upgrade the current traps to house PAT Traps and will make a decision at the January meeting if we would like to proceed with this idea.

4) 2009 Indiana State Shoot Date. The BOD discussed this and will leave the state shoot at the current date voted on at the annual meeting on July 11, 2008. The 2009 Indiana State Shoot will be held on July 7-12, 2009. No motion was made to change.

5) Target requirements for 2009 State Shoot -- Target requirements will be the same as 2008 - 500 singles, 500 handicap, 300 doubles to be shot between Sept 1, 2008 and July 7, 2009.

6) Target requirements for 2009 State Team - no changes were made with these requirements and targets will need to be shot during the set 2008-2009 ATA Target year (Nov 1, 2008 - Aug 31, 2009).

7) Selection process for State Team - We will now ask shooters qualifying for more than one state team (i.e. Men's and Vet's) which team they would like to be placed on. Additionally, if a shooter is an age category shooter (i.e. Junior) and does not qualify for that age category team, they will be considered for the appropriate gender team if their average is high enough. Lastly, we will have the following state teams for 2008: Two 10 member men's teams; Ladies, Sub Junior, Junior, and Senior Veteran: one 5 member team each; Veteran - 1 ten member team.

8) Bidding process for targets for the 2009 state shoot will begin soon. If anyone is interested, please contact C. Richard Taylor (contact info on ITA site).

9) Mining of lead at IGC -- we are beginning the process of getting the lead mined at IGC.

That's about it. Feel free to e-mail me directly or post any questions you have here.

Thanks,

John Voliva

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

John: I wished the BOD or the delegates of both states would have talked about this before now, at least at the Grand. It seems MI can't change theirs now if they wanted because it has been filed with the local township. The trajedy is that this is going hurt both groups at a time that neither can afford this.

It's always something.

Don

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Up for the ITA

4. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

what is a bod?

5. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Board of Directors

6. jevoliva