1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

It wasn't Jews who gave NY 9 to GOP

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bushmaster1313, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

I'm getting tired of the racial/ethnic/you-name-it thing

It wasn't Jews who gave the GOP NY 9.

It was Americans who voted the Democrats out!

You don't need a Weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

2. earlybird

earlybird TS Member

Come on, Bushmaster, you know the drill. As long as you can lay off getting your arse whipped to ANY excuse, you can delay/avoid dealing with the fact that maybe they just plain don't want what you've got to sell.

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Boy, Howdy!

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Bushmaster,

I believe that you are incorrect. The wind is blowing in that direction because of the actions of the White House. Among such actions are the disrespect and disregard for Israel. The NY Congressional District is 3 to 1 Democrat and largely Jewish. The defeat of the Democrat candidate is directly related to these facts. The Jews either voted for Turner in surpising numbers or stayed home.

What does this mean for 2012? I hope it means that the Jewish voting block which has usually voted Democrat will "do the right thing" but that is only a hope and a faintm one at that. Rarely but occasionally they have but that is the rare exception. The major problem is not just the Jewish vote but the Jewish money which has always gone to the Dems.

Have you seen Dr. Walter Williams' article about why Obama can't lose. It is all about the voting blocks which he seems to have locked up. Dr. Williams contends that the voting blocks committed to Obama (blacks, unions, teachers, trial lawyers, etc.) have sufficient numbers of voters to insure his re-election. There would need to be a fracturing such as the one we saw in NY to overcome that dire possibility. I hope that Dr. Williams was only trying to frighten us into doing the right thing and that, although his arithmetic is flawless, that his prediction is incorrect.

5. Bushmaster1313

"The NY Congressional District is 3 to 1 Democrat and largely Jewish."

One third Jewish.

Although the District is 3 to 1 registered Democrats, I think the vast majority are indeed Americans.

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

What is it, something like 450,000 people live there, 30,000 voted???

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

NY 9 is the most Jewish Congressional District in America. As you say, "the vast majority are indeed American" is certainly true but a a foolish statement, to say the least. It ignores the fact that this District is the largest Jewish Dictrict in America and that NY Jews are predominantly Democrats. For 90 years it has voted Democrat. Is that an accident or coincidence? NO, it is a committment by this constituancy to vote for the Democrat, whoever it is!

I know this district well having once been the Republican leader in a neighboring District (in the 1960s) and still having friends living in this District.

An interesting side note; one of my friends went to vote on Tuesday and was told that he was no longer registered in this District. This happened to a fairly large number of people who only found this out when they showed up to vote. This may also have had an impact on the outcome.

ps This was unreported in any press coverage I have seen!

8. Bushmaster1313

Even if every vote cast in the 9th was by a Jewish voter it does not matter.

An District formerly in the Democrat bag has flipped.

That is what counts.

9. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

The Bushster is right. Remember, in 2010, Weiner beat Turner with 59% of the votes cast in NY9 while Republicans were racking up historic gains against dems across the rest of the nation. These newest results in NY9 are about the emerging awareness that the democratic party generally and Ubama specifically are like lepers and need to shunned and quarantined for life.

In a couple of weeks, this whole HPV mess will have been exposed to the light of day(and not the hysterical rantings of Michele Bachmann) and Rick Perry will continue to move slowly but steadily toward the nomination. Perry and Rubio will then make Ubama wish he'd never left Indonesia. Easy peezy!

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The Dr. Walter Williams' article about why Obama can't lose is total nonsense and was not authored by him.

11. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

No...it wasn't a jew ( or jews) who handed NY-9 to the Republicans..it was a Moslem. Barack Hussein Obama.

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

When you listen to uneducated potential voters, they currently believe all politicians are crooks and it doesn't matter who they vote for. So they don't show up at the polls.

Hopefully those 30,000 that did vote in NY9 show up for the 2012 election too.

It will be interesting to see how many even vote in 2012 since the "Messiah" has really screwed the pooch.

13. shootinghero

shootinghero TS Member

"I hope it means that the Jewish voting block which has usually voted Democrat will "do the right thing" but that is only a hope and a faintm one at that. Rarely but occasionally they have but that is the rare exception. The major problem is not just the Jewish vote but the Jewish money which has always gone to the Dems."

This kind of garbage has no place on our forum, nor in our country. Birdog's bigotry is obvious, and casting aspersions on the Jews as not being Americans is a canard older than Hitler's mustache. Imagine the reaction of Irish Catholic voters in a congressional district if the President and his candidate supported British military aggression to subjugate the Catholic minority in Northern Ireland. All Americans should oppose Obama undermining the only ally we have in the mideast.

If we Republicans want to be the majority party, we have to make it clear there is no place in our ranks for people who express their own frustrations in the blind hatred of others.

14. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Shootinghero,

You completely misinterpreted my post. It was not at all bigoted or anti-semetic and was not intended to be. As I stated, I have a relatively close connection to this District and was merely stating the facts as I see them. Just because someone mentions the word "Jew" or "Jewish money" does not make them bigoted no more than saying "Christian" or "Christian money" would.

By the way, the close friends I have in that District are all Jewish as is my aunt who also lives there. They all know me well and would be the first to tell you that I am anything but anti-semetic.

The point I was making is that IT DOES MATTER WHY the Republicans won! In fact, it is more a matter that Obama's actions, especially towards Israel caused the Democrats to lose than it is that the Republicans won! Nonetheless, it creates a unique opportunity to drive a wedge between the Dems and one of their most loyal voting blocks.

15. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I'm Jewish and didn't read Birdog's post as being anti-semetic. He just spoke the language of demographics which often drive politics.

It is, to their shame I believe, common among the political class...and particularly professional campaign personnel, to look at the nation and a set of voting blocks with common attributes. Its just marketing (versus leadership and an authentic commitment to positions based on intelligence and ethics...oh, that's right, we are talking about the political class LOL).

There is a "Jewish Block". I dont' often vote with it as I feel a responsibility to evaluate each issue on its merits and not necessarily my self-interest or traditional views of a demographic I belong to.

There is often the equivalent talk of the "evangelical right" voting block and where their fund raising money is going. The Hispanic block and their money, the union block, etc. Its not bigotry and, although it may seem a bit cynical and dehumanizing, it seems to also be an effective way to view the voting mass if your job is manipulation of people with the goal of furthering your political career (if you can't tell, I hold most current politicians in this country in contempt),

I agree that this district's results is a clear indication of intense disatisfaction of the current Democratic administration by a demographic slice of voters that have been very loyal in the past. All of the Dem's spin on it is rather transparent, they got kicked in the ass by one of their core voting blocks.
    Cheers.

16. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

shootinghero is being a bit paranoid, I think. What birdogs said wasn't "garbage" and it certainly wasn't bigoted. Wake up hero.

17. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

The Repub party of 40 yrs ago is finished. Those people dont exist anymore.
    A third party must surface for the people or else! Lee

18. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Third party will not win any elections and will only help Democrat party to win all the time.

Remember, some 50% of the wage earners in this country pay no taxes.

Why would they want to spoil a good thing.

We are much better off to take over the Republican party and take it away from the Rockafeller Republicans.

19. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I don't know about the rest of union members on here but I come from a third generation union family and we have never voted democrat. I am first shooter in my household

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.