1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

It took years, but I paid them back but good!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    I am the type of person that loves to play practical jokes on friends, as I do not mine when friends play them on me too. One thing that you can count on, if you play a joke on me, no matter how long it takes, I will get you back thrice, guaranteed!

Years ago at the Waukesha gun club, they had some of the best winter events. One of the events were to shoot on Sunday's 50 12 gauge skeet targets, and then 50 16 yd single targets. The total high score for both events combined won the event that day.

For the first 3 weeks I shot very respectable scores in both events only to wait til 12:30pm on a Sunday to lose the prize to a friend of mine by 1 target on the total score. Each week he would shoot on the very last squad and come into the club house knowing he beat me and won the event. As veins were popping out of my neck while congratulating him, he was having a great time at my expense as he told all that would listen how he beat me again, and that it was killing me inside not only losing, but losing to him.

On the 4th week I shot a 50 straight on the skeet event, and a 49 on the trap event, giving me a 99 which was a very good score that very cold day. I waited until my friend came walking in the club house and I quickly asked my friend the score that he shot that day. He said a 97 and I was happy as can be and I am telling everyone in the club house that I finally won and beat my friend.

I was unaware that my friends were up to no good as they had the lady involved in their dubious deed to place a 2 man fraudulent squad on the board at the last minute with one of the shooters shooting a combined score of 100. Everyone was waiting for my reaction as I walked up to the score board as I could not believe it, as I lost again. I never heard of the shooter who beat me that day as the woman told me he was from Illinois by the name of Dick hard.

I yelled who the hell is Dick Hard? My friend said that's the guy from Illinois who squaded at the last minute this morning. My friend said he didn't beat you, did he? I said the sob had a score of 100. I walked up to the guy who my friend pointed out and asked, are you Dick Hard? He looked at me strangely, and said no, and the entire club house erupted in laughter.

They got me real good that day. Now let's move forward around 3 years and that same friend who played that joke on me had been looking for the past year for his old TMX that he sold a couple years previously. He gave me the serial # just in case if I ever came across it, I could call him and he would pay what ever amount the guy wanted in order to get his old gun back.

I typed up a list of guns for sale and pinned the sale sign to the bulletin board, and it read that my father purchased these guns years ago, and he has now passed away, and I just want to sell them quickly at very reasonable prices as he is not a trapshooter or gun enthusiast. My friend originally sold his old gun to a guy he never met before years earlier at the state shoot and was sorry he did for years.

Everyone in the club house was in on the joke. I had one guy look at the for sale sign on the board and it listed my friend' TMX for sale with his serial # for $1,000.00. It also stated that he will be returning home about midnight that night, and if interested please leave a message on his answering machine.

The number was to one of my other friends and we all watched my friend feverishly call this number and say he will take the gun and please call him at any time and he will come and pick it up that night.

I had my friend call him at home at midnight and told him he actually had the gun in his trunk on his way home and he could meet him near his house at the front gate of a near by cemetery. Three of us were waiting for him as his car pulled up and he had his pajamas on under his pants, as he also had his slippers on.

As he got out of his car, he asked what the hell is going on? We started laughing and brought up the time about Dick Hard. My friend slammed his car door shut and skidded out of the entrance to the cemetery as we had to protect ourselves from him kicking up rocks.

He did not talk to me for a month, but in all honesty he deserved it, as I am sorry to say that he never located his old TMX. Pay back is priceless!
    Steve Balistreri

2. twotimer

twotimer Member

Steve, I wass going to look you up when I'm up there in Oct., now I'm not so sure! Mike (LOL)

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Mike:
    Look me up.
    Steve

4. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Im with you 150%. Im planning something now for thanksgiving after 3 years, my wife finds me giggling to myself, whats up, what are you thinking

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Steve, let me tell you a story about another Steve, with a last name of Keene. We were both in the Air Force stationed a MacDill AFB and he worked for me. I ran the Base communications facility and we handled thousands of classified messages every day most of which were Secret but some Top Secret as well. One morning I got a phone call from a very irate Colonel who stated that his NCO has just picked up his message traffic and was only cleared Secret and they had given him a couple of TS messages. I told him I would be right down and took off as I knew I was in trouble as well as the Airman who had given him the messages. When I got to his office his civilian secretary was sitting at her desk and I stated I was here to see the Colonel and she said I'm sorry but he's not in and had been tdy for two weeks. I said I just got off the phone with him moments ago and about that time I heard someone laughing in the hall and knew I had been had. As you might imagine I was highly stressly as it would have been a very serious situation. I kind of went along as though nothing had happened, as this had been the fourth or fifth prank like this he had pulled on me. What he didn't know was what I was planning for him. He was getting out of the Air Force and going to work for the NSA and had never been camping. He had never seen a gator except in the zoo and knew nothing about snakes and things of that nature. When we got to the lake and set up our tents and I had brought a small 15 ft john boat and set in the water. I knew the lake and it was known for having one of the largest gators in Florida and I know the bank where it's bed was. He said he would like to go for a ride and I took him straight for the gator slide and held it wide open throttle till I was almost at the bank. Lo and behold the gator came sliding down the bank coming straight toward us and Steve started backing up in the boat trying to get away fromt the gator and next thing I knew Steve was almost sitting in my lap. I laughed till I cried and He said ok we are even, but what he didn't know was I had an even better surprise for him. I had sneaked off and found a sow gator with little ones about two feet long and had caught one in a dip net. That evening when Steve was gone to get a shower I got the little gator and put it in his sleeping bag. I went ahead and got into mine and when he came back I called him to the tent and showed him my pistol which I had laying on my chest and told him there better not be any funny business tonight. After about fifteen minutes he came to go to bed and unzipped the tent screen and door and got into his sleeping bed and zipped it up and immediately the gator moved in the bag and scared him so bad he ripped the zipper off the sleeping bag and tore the tent door trying to get out. After he stopped shaking and cussing I told him what I had done and said now we are even. He never tried to pull anything else on me. LOL Jackie B.

6. twotimer

twotimer Member

Steve, I still plan on looking you up. I'll give you a heads up before I head that way. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.