1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IT,S SKIN CANCER TIME

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KEYBEAR, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Please be aware it,s that time of the year when we must be most careful . Use a good sunblock 30 or better and apply it two or three time a day .

KEYBEAR

2. drunk_again

drunk_again TS Member

this only applies to the " GINGER " people. the pasty whitties.

3. jmas

jmas TS Member

Don't you belive it!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Yes, I have to get in and have two pre-cancerous spots removed ASAP. Fred

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Don't forget the top of your head. Wear a hat. One that shades the ears too! I have one that my friend, the Dermatologist approves of. It's not too stylish, but it keeps the sun out.

6. smartass

smartass TS Member

Please don't tell me that the sun causes skin cancer. I'll bet it causes global warming also !!!!!

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

KEYBEAR- Good advice about suing a sun blocker but I question your suggestion of using one rated 30 or better. Sun blockers use a log scale to rate the blocking ability of the product. To double the blocking ability of a product rated as 15, you would have to go up to 150. There is not really much difference between 15, 30, 45 or 60.

Pat Ireland

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

This is a good post. I don't see many people using sunbock at shoots, and you know they're mostly the vets and senior vets with skin like old saddlebags.
    That new Neutrogena Dri touch SPF 70 has gotten very good reviews. As soon as my Coppertone 50 is used up, that's what I'm getting.

9. Mac V

Mac V Guest

<blockquote>"Please don't tell me that the sun causes skin cancer."</blockquote>

Well, as a matter of fact, there are many sunscreen products that do contain ingredients known to cause cancer, in particular the nano-scale zinc and titanium oxides.

Here's a link to a test and rating of over 700 sunscreen products that range from "safe and effective" to "dangerous and worthless"...the URL is above, scroll down to the table links.

Mike

10. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

i hate to give up my baseball caps but its time for something with a brim on it!

11. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Bob after useing sun block for eight to ten years I found Banana Boat brand to be one of the best . It,s waterproof has Aloe Vera and Vitamin E and is not real greasy . I,v been dealing with Skin Cancer for along time and Banana Boat is some Good stuff . I put it on at home and reapply before shooting and use more later (Handicap) . I bug my shooten buddys all the time about Sun Block and now have them useing it . It,s easy to protect your self from the sun but real tuff once you have a cancer . I have bought sun block and put at the lunch counter for shooters to use and some do .

KEYBEAR

12. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

KEYBEAR- Good advice about suing a sun blocker but I question your suggestion of using one rated 30 or better. Sun blockers use a log scale to rate the blocking ability of the product. To double the blocking ability of a product rated as 15, you would have to go up to 150. There is not really much difference between 15, 30, 45 or 60.

Pat Ireland

14. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

This is a good post. I don't see many people using sunbock at shoots, and you know they're mostly the vets and senior vets with skin like old saddlebags.
    That new Neutrogena Dri touch SPF 70 has gotten very good reviews. As soon as my Coppertone 50 is used up, that's what I'm getting.

15. Mac V

Mac V Guest

<blockquote>"Please don't tell me that the sun causes skin cancer."</blockquote>

Well, as a matter of fact, there are many sunscreen products that do contain ingredients known to cause cancer, in particular the nano-scale zinc and titanium oxides.

Here's a link to a test and rating of over 700 sunscreen products that range from "safe and effective" to "dangerous and worthless"...the URL is above, scroll down to the table links.

Mike

16. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

i hate to give up my baseball caps but its time for something with a brim on it!

17. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Bob after useing sun block for eight to ten years I found Banana Boat brand to be one of the best . It,s waterproof has Aloe Vera and Vitamin E and is not real greasy . I,v been dealing with Skin Cancer for along time and Banana Boat is some Good stuff . I put it on at home and reapply before shooting and use more later (Handicap) . I bug my shooten buddys all the time about Sun Block and now have them useing it . It,s easy to protect your self from the sun but real tuff once you have a cancer . I have bought sun block and put at the lunch counter for shooters to use and some do .

KEYBEAR

18. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

19. BP348

BP348 Active Member

I'm one of those unfortunate mostly Irish lads. Even worse I'm going a little bald, well Ok a lot bald.

I asked a few days ago about a good hat & thanks to all the advice I've read here I found a "Tilly" hat while in Georgia on business. I met several guys here and they all recommended the Tilly and even told me where the local store was to buy one.

I'll be home for next Sunday’s shooting but I don't know how many guys will be there. Everyone's getting ready for the Texas state shoot.

20. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

Most of us do not consider skin cancer a great threat but it is far more of a danger than being hit by lightning. My dermatologist is one that practices what he preaches. He recently returned from a month's safari in Africa and looked as if he had not even been out in the sun. He is always riding me to use sunscreen and I do.

Remember that the late, great shotgun writer Don Sutz died of skin cancer, a tragic and preventable loss. He wrote a very comprehensive article about skin cancer just before he died.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.