1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

It Never Stops...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by MTA Tom, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

U.S. troops in Afghanistan could soon be awarded a medal for not doing something, a precedent-setting award that would be given for “courageous restraint” for holding fire to save civilian lives.

The proposal is now circulating in the Kabul headquarters of the International Security Assistance Force, a command spokesman confirmed Tuesday.

“The idea is consistent with our approach,” explained Air Force Lt. Col. Tadd Sholtis. “Our young men and women display remarkable courage every day, including situations where they refrain from using lethal force, even at risk to themselves, in order to prevent possible harm to civilians. In some situations our forces face in Afghanistan, that restraint is an act of discipline and courage not much different than those seen in combat actions.”

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

In 1976 it was shoot every thing that don,t look like you

3. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Big change from "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The biggest mistake was redefining war from the Liberal standpoint.

I realize WW2 tactrics were a little harsh, and a lot of places were pretty much destroyed, but to this day there is no 5th column (insurgent) activity there.

The necessity of war to sustain the economy brought us a "police action" in Korea. The "police" that got killed there were just as dead as WW2 soldiers, and the economy feasted.

Then came Viet Nam, and it looked like the picnic for the military industrial complex would never end. Till the cannon fodder (that's you and me, folks) finally objected vociferously enough to put a stop to it.

A couple of little training exercises in Grenada, Bosnia, Somalia, and now they have a workable model to have another forever war. Iran stays on the back burner till we wear out the rug in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The "touchy-feely" method of waging war we now use will insure that we never win per se. This is good if you're General Dynamics or Raytheon or Haliburton. My God, recent events have shown you better not mistreat the murderers.

We are broke and should quit the stupidity.

HM

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I predict this medal will be known as the Order of the Zero.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.