1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

It is not mental illness

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by turmite, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turmite

turmite Member

I have read many of the threads here and see a theme woven through words spoken by both supporters of gun control and those of us who know what the future holds once the flood gates are opened! It seems that everyone feels this is all about mental health!

Mental health is not the issue! It is heart health. We took God out of the schools, we allowed the liberal left to take over all the teaching in higher education, we have quitely stood by and watched our rights being taken, and all the while we have failed to recognize the truth! If mental health is the key to being able to purchase a firearm, just who do you think determines what the definition of mental health is???

It is not about mental health. It is heart health! From the heart of man proceeds good or evil! Some on this site have belittled those of us who trust in a loving God, and proceed to call us crazy.....wait for it......mental illness! Whether you believe in an almighty God or not, does not diminish the fact He is! 2nd Chronicles 7:14 says: "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

The problem is, people today refuse to acknowledge that sin is real, and that it is in the heart of man! Change the hearts of men, and you will change the direction of this nation....good, or bad!

Mike

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

If mental illness is not the problem, what's your plan for spiritually re-engineering the minds of 300 Million people?

Not just sitting back and telling them what they need to do, but...what are YOU going to do to MAKE it happen?

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I fully agree Mike. My belief is the cultural rot can't be reversed without an total collapse of the system giving the people a new perspective on what they so casually threw away.

4. turmite

turmite Member

buzz you can't force people to believe.....again, that comes from the heart, but I am afraid you miss a large part (important part) of my post.

It mental health is deemed the evil that causes all murders, and the government is the one who sets the standard on what mental illness is, the danger is that those that want to own guns, those that are silly enough to believe in a Holy God, have to be mentally ill, because to their thinking, you are crazy if you believe those things.

BTW, the mental illness thing was reported way back in the early 90s as one of the methods they would take our 2nd amendment right from us. It was back then, that the government, not a national board of Drs, but our government, set new definitions of what constituted mental illness!

One other thing you failed to grasp....the quote from the Bible in 2nd Chronicles 7:14.....read it and you will see how a nation can be turned around. There are many examples of nations being turned from evil to good by those that were believers turning to God first.....and that always has to happen.

Thank you wireguy.....you mean kinda like "you reap what you sow"

Mike

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Wireguy,

We are getting to that point real fast. However, there are still steps we will have to go through to get back to where we were only a few short years ago. We may have to go through huge upheavals and even a dictator or two before we once again emerge into the light. This is the legacy we have left our children. We simply did not fight hard enough or effectively enough against the evils the left inflicted on us. Now, future generations will be forced to pay the price.

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

If you've caught Fienstien this morning she has pulled in Clergy, Doctors(Pediatrician's), Mom's, Police to try and prove her point of being stupid.

The biggest reason liberals don't address "evil" is because then they would have to acknowledge there is a Creator God and they have fought so hard in getting Him removed from Society.

Its also why liberals never succeed in doing what is RIGHT, its not in their "heart" to do so.

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Sure that has to be it, obviously there aren't any problems going on now or in the past that have their roots in organized religion and what it is people think god is.

Actually the simple truth if there is such a thing is that there are too many rats in the cage and there is a camera on it. And yes mental illness is a real fact of life and it is fairly common with various forms and intensities.

8. rexxon631g

rexxon631g Member

If you look at these mass shootings they started in the early 1990's.

This was just about the time most states closed down the mental hospitals and institutions.

The family's of the people who have mental health issues are now left with no place to take or help with family members with mental health issues.

Now most people have to work at least one job some more than one, this leaves no one at home to give the supervision and care these folks need.

Then step in the doctors, who are doing the only thing they can do to help---MORE PILLS--MORE PILLS.

Every night on television there is a new pill that is suppose to be the magical elixor.

Mental health is the issue, Nobody that is stable is going on any mass shootings .

Abnormal behavior is the realm of the mentally unbalanced be it natural or chemical

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.