1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Another result of conservatives staying home last fall!!!!

2010 is coming!!!!

By PATRICK O'CONNOR | 6/16/09 2:24 PM EDT
    Updated: 6/16/09 4:38 PM EDTText Size- + reset

This afternoon, the House GOP drafted a resolution that would establish a select subcommittee on intelligence to
    Photo: AP

Republicans aren't letting go of the Nancy Pelosi-CIA flap.

This afternoon, the House GOP drafted a privileged resolution that would establish a select subcommittee under the Intelligence Committee to "review and verify the accuracy of the speaker's aforementioned public statements." Democrats quickly tabled the resolution on a 247-171 party line vote. No Democrats crossed party lines to vote with Republicans on this resolution.

Republicans wanted to create a special committee that would be comprised of four members of the Intelligence Committee — two appointed by the chairman and two appointed by the ranking Republican on the panel. The subcommittee would have subpoena power for documents and testimony and be forced to report its findings in 60 calendar days.

Because Republicans packaged this legislation as a privileged resolution, the House was forced to vote on it, but Democrats decided they would back their speaker – many Democrats have dismissed these GOP resolutions as purely political.

“I am disappointed that, once again, rank-and-file Democrats have refused to join Republicans in establishing a bipartisan investigation into these serious allegations,” Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) said.

Back to top Print Comment Email Recommend Subscribe

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/23798.html#ixzz0Ijj1K4iy&C
  2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    Its a shame they are now becoming "distrustful"

I haven't trusted the Dems since I first started voting - 1974!

As far as I am concerned, the 1968 gun control act cemented their fate with me.

The last one I supported was Jay Inslee when he ran for office on the east side of WA state. He ran on a "promise" to not vote for "any gun bill" that came before him. He got the votes, when the Brady bill came before him, guess what he did? He voted for it, even though his office reported to him, the calls coming in were 3 to 1 not to!

We voted him out at the next election, BUT he moved to the west side of the state of WA and they re-elected him!

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!

First and last Dem I will ever vote for!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Nov 7, 2008
    How can you trust a bunch of Einsteins who pass an $850 billion Stimulus Bill of which no one read? Do you trust the government running or is it "ruining" the financial system, car companies, health insurance, and so on? What has the government actually run in an efficient manner, the Post Office, Veterans healthcare? This level of spending should worry everyone as we are destined for inflation (which has a high impact on the seniors), high unemployment plus future generations will have to pay for our stupidity. Does it worry you that the Chinese are buying our debt? Keep in mind what got us here, the housing mess caused by Freddie & Fannie, lack of oversight by Dodd & Frank, the SEC, the Community Readjustment Act, and of course Wall Street. You can't even have truthful senate hearings to investigate this crisis. You think it won't happen again, wise up. It will cost even more next time. BT-100dc
  4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Feb 1, 2006
    We are like a family living on credit cards. This massive spending will have the appearance of working eventually. But then it's payback time. Taxes will go up. Inflation will go up. Interest rates will go up. The government will suck up all our money like a big black hole. You can't spend your way to prosperity. I wish you could, it would be more fun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.