1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

It is illegal to annoy on the net?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Born_to_Shoot!, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Born_to_Shoot!

Born_to_Shoot! TS Member

ANNOYING BECOMES ILLEGAL

View Only FMNN Articles

ANNOYING BECOMES ILLEGAL
    Friday, January 13, 2006 - FreeMarketNews.com

Last week, President Bush signed a new law that makes it illegal to annoy anyone using the Internet without disclosing your identity, according to CNET.

The new restrictions on Internet usage are embedded in the Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act. It states that "Whoever ... utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet ... without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person ... who receives the communications ... shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

Under the federal law, it is legal to harass someone on the Internet as long as you disclose your identity. However if you annoy someone and don?t reveal your identity, you could face up to two years in prison and be ordered to pay heavy fines.

Internet and civil rights experts point out that it?s nearly impossible to post Internet content without annoying someone. Usenet, message boards and blogs could all be deemed illegal because they often contain content written by anonymous contributors.

staff&nbspreports - Free-Market News Network

2. Born_to_Shoot!

Born_to_Shoot! TS Member

ANNOYING BECOMES ILLEGAL

View Only FMNN Articles

ANNOYING BECOMES ILLEGAL
    Friday, January 13, 2006 - FreeMarketNews.com

Last week, President Bush signed a new law that makes it illegal to annoy anyone using the Internet without disclosing your identity, according to CNET.

The new restrictions on Internet usage are embedded in the Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act. It states that "Whoever ... utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet ... without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person ... who receives the communications ... shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

Under the federal law, it is legal to harass someone on the Internet as long as you disclose your identity. However if you annoy someone and don?t reveal your identity, you could face up to two years in prison and be ordered to pay heavy fines.

Internet and civil rights experts point out that it?s nearly impossible to post Internet content without annoying someone. Usenet, message boards and blogs could all be deemed illegal because they often contain content written by anonymous contributors.

staff&nbspreports - Free-Market News Network

3. BBB

BBB TS Member

Posting things twice can be annoying..

4. BBB

BBB TS Member

Posting things twice can be annoying..

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Red and his many personas could be in trouble methinks.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Red and his many personas could be in trouble methinks.

7. Born_to_Shoot!

Born_to_Shoot! TS Member

Went right back and tried to fix the double post, but that failed!

Lorenzo

8. Born_to_Shoot!

Born_to_Shoot! TS Member

Went right back and tried to fix the double post, but that failed!

Lorenzo

9. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I'm going to sue Shootlow........He's been harassing me a lot on TS.com, and now I can get satisfaction. lol

About time! Hauxfan!

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I'm going to sue Shootlow........He's been harassing me a lot on TS.com, and now I can get satisfaction. lol

About time! Hauxfan!

11. HardRIGHT

HardRIGHT TS Member

Define "is".......

Define "idenity"....

What is "annoy".......

I went to school with an Ann Oi and she really bothered me but in a good way?

X

12. HardRIGHT

HardRIGHT TS Member

Define "is".......

Define "idenity"....

What is "annoy".......

I went to school with an Ann Oi and she really bothered me but in a good way?

X

13. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Remember - when they back the paddy wagon up to the whorehouse door, they take the good girls right along with the bad girls.

14. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Remember - when they back the paddy wagon up to the whorehouse door, they take the good girls right along with the bad girls.

15. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Tron: Then perhaps you should learn to spell? Richard TIT (Troll in Training)

16. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Tron: Then perhaps you should learn to spell? Richard TIT (Troll in Training)

17. prairiewind

prairiewind TS Member

I think "intent" is the keyword and the standard of proof. I don't think you have to worry just because you disagree or debate an issue with someone on a forum.

18. prairiewind

prairiewind TS Member

I think "intent" is the keyword and the standard of proof. I don't think you have to worry just because you disagree or debate an issue with someone on a forum.

19. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Esterhaus-- Charlie Hall would be a "lifer" if it was

20. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Esterhaus-- Charlie Hall would be a "lifer" if it was

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.