1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

It has almost been a year,TS Headhunting 2008.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hydra, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

It has almost been a year from last years head hunting here on TS.com by the cencors. What do people think of this after a year? Has it helped? Has it killed the site of life? Has it taken the heart out of things? What do you all think?

2. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

What exactly are you talking about????

Ronbo

3. chuckles

chuckles Member

Most of the really sick offenders have been exorcised...

Most of the steady Oletimers have left of free accord...

A Plethora of Newbies now posting...

Overall quality of Discourse has Diminished radically...

Overall quality of site down 50% at least...

Number of Lurkers has Tripled...

Yes the Heart of the Site has undergone Severe and Traumatic experience...

All things change, it is the way, Only the Rocks Live Forever...

This is America, adapt or Perish...

Regards

4. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I have hunted head my entire life. Occasionally I have been successful. When I opened this thread I thought maybe President Clinton was back in action.

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Chuckles has it right.

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

How many are missing? Grammy, seemed to be very intelligent and did his own thinking. Prince of Darkness, a wild man and liked to stroke everyone. Chessney, another stroker but got a little too hot. Who else. Bulge

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

You asked what I think so I will tell you. It wasn't to long ago that David said he was thinking about shutting this site down.

I don't know about the rest of you But I like it here I enjoy a lot of the goings on and the discussions. Some are complaining about the censorship and the headhunting.

Well I say this site is Davids property no one else's if it make him happy to keep the fights and abuse of the rules to a minimum it works for me. You can call them censor, Moderator, headhunters or what have you. If they keep David happy and this site up and running then I say so be it. Any of you that don't like it then it is your problem. No one forces you to come here it is better to have this site then to have no where to go. I have met so very fine people here and also some not so fine people but at least I got the opportunity to meet them.

Just My opinion and I am entitled to it.

Bob Lawless

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Good points Bob. Have a healthy New Year. Bulge

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I like the site the way it is now. David has made a lot of improvements based on what people requested, including categories and different search engines, while keeping the old options the same, for those who didn't want change.

David works really hard to make this a great site for all of us, and we don't pay him (except for those who voluntarily donate). I appreciate all that he does.

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

The site is like America. In the beginning, wild, free, and prosperous...but eventually, the desire for "safety and security" sets in, and things must be brought under control (as our President-elect will soon teach us). So Obama will make us like Europe. Things will be polite - but fair and tightly controlled. And growth will slow to zero.

And so it is, here. We have clamored for our Obama; and we have got him (or, more specifically, 10 or 20 of them).

The internet is full of websites, the vast majority of which have tiny traffic volume. Most are populated by a steady inner core of "regulars" who could frankly care less whether the site grows in its appeal or not (hey, there's a possibly-unfair analogy to the ATA for ya). They like to show up at the same place every morning, drink their usual cup of coffee, wink at the same waitress they've been winking at for 10 years, and exchange grumbles with the same group of grumblers they've grumbled with for 10 years.

Who says America can't join the EU?

And who says TS.com can't be just another one of those sites.

It's interesting to me that in my private message correspondences with other posters here, almost to a person, they privately tell me they hate the "new" TS.com.

To draw another analogy - how bad have we messed up the ATA handicap system for nearly everyone, in an attempt to hinder the 1/2% of people who sandbag?

I know the retired, coffee-shop grumblers will approve of the head-hunting. But I think I speak for many, when I say the site was much more interesting with people like Grammy around. I don't know which "Hallway Monitor" he pissed off enough to "whack" him off the site. But I will all but guarantee you, whoever it was, is a ("My 2nd wife is an Obama Girl" guy who we all know) of a man.

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I didn't have a problem with the site before, or now....those who chose to post whatever off-color drivel entered their minds are for the most part, gone, but then I didn't choose to open post of thier posts anyway...and I very much enjoy the posts that comment on guns, ammo and this great game...JMHO

Ron

Alberta

12. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I'm still here. I've been threatened on more than a couple occasions, but I'm still here none the less.

Tron

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Buzz. That was a post unworthy of a learned man like yourself. The last description of Mods or David ought to earn you a back row seat. REmnember you other folks, when you defame the mods or David, the clock ticks or the door closes.

14. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Wasn't it the stock blank dumba$$ that ruined it for everybody?

EE

15. JACK

EE. He contributed, but no, it was a general attempt to bring civility to the site. The mods had a hiccup or two, but a poster with a problem only had to be humble to remain. Adn most wanted to fight and outlogic the folks in charge. I was cautious. Adn I am still here.

Jack

16. crusha

crusha TS Member

MIA,

Apparently, your definition of "learned" differs from mine.

But then...I don't sleep next to an Obama voter every night, so perhaps our priorities differ, as well.

And as an aside - in my view of David, he seems like a classy guy, and quite uninterested in this sort of dirt-box slinging. I'd be very surprised if it was he who did the job on Grammie. Remember, Grammie was tolerated for _many_ years on David's watch, and that's after he did stuff newbies like you never even heard (and I was on the receiving end of it a lot of times from him). No, it was only after the new group of Barney Fife Hallway Monitors got "deputized," that Grammie's usual behavior suddenly became "unacceptable."

Remember, I named no names. I'm not attempting to paint ALL moderators with my brush; only the one who did the job on Grammie. Grammie got "done" anonymously. And if my time comes, I'm sure I'll get about the same consideration.

17. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

EE, yes.

18. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

I still miss Grammie.How about ACE.

Yea, then there was a guy I think was Gordon.
    Wasn't he into trees?

I think you will see a lot of people come and go for whatever reason.

I am only on here about one month per year,then at the other place.

I still donate a little each year to David for upkeep on the site.

Yes,he has Sponsors.To me that is not the point.Point being, my thank's to him for all the shit he puts up with.

Bocephas

19. JACK

Buzz. "See, there you go again". What does my wife's voting record have to do with this? And how would yo know? she doesn't tell me. You sniffin' around my house?

20. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Jack,could be someone is planting Tulips in your back yard.

Bo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.