1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ISU Team Shotgun Raffle

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sam (ATA Noobie), Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Greetings fellow shooters!

Wanted to let you know that the Iowa State University trap and skeet club/team (of which I'm a member) is having a raffle for a Benelli SuperSport in 12ga. to help support the team. As most of you know, funding is constantly being cut as institutions try to sweep 'non-PC' issues under the rug.

Currently, we as individual shooters shoulder much of the cost, moreso than many other programs in intercollegiate shooting. (Ammo, hotel, practice, firearms, etc.) None of which is given to us.

Anyways, the tickets are $10 a piece or $50 for 6 tickets. Drawing will be held October 7th at the ISU Trap and Skeet Club’s CYCLONE CLASSIC Tournament, New Pioneer Gun Club, Waukee, IA. 2nd and 3rd drawing prizes to be awarded (Prizes unknown at the moment).

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN.

Please remove the "XX" from either side of the e-mail address above with any questions or to order tickets. I will send you the tickets BEFORE you have to send any money. Upon receipt of funds, I will enter the corresponding stub into the system, so no risking money on your part.

Thank you for helping support those of who are trying to continue and further the sport!

Best Regards,

Sam W.

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Isn't the ISU team also having a sporting clays shoot sometime in may also, I heard from Lee, the guy who runs the shooting stuff, when I shot with him last weekend. I plan on going to the sporting clays shoot. Didn't tell me about the raffle they are having.

-Jollytrapshooter

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Nice site. How and where do you buy a ticket?

4. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Thanks to those of you who have sent me e-mails. Tickets will go out on Monday (tomorrow).

Jolly: Our Sporting Clays/5-Stand shoot is March 31-April 1, so it's coming up here in the next week. In fact, next weekend. I suppose he's not selling tickets for it himself, rather leaving that up to us. If you'd like to purchase some tickets, I can meet you somewhere (I assume you're close to Ames).

DaveP: You can purcahse tickets through me. All I need is an e-mail from you to my e-mail address posted above (remove the XX's on both sides) letting me know:
    - How many tickets you would like
    - Your Name (First and Last)
    - Mailing Address
    - Phone Numbers (To contact you if you win)

Then, just send me a check once you receive the tickets...easy as pie!

Thanks All,

Sam

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

6. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Thanks again all!

Tickets have been sent out!

Sam

7. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Still waiting on contact #'s for a few of you. I can't send the tickets out until I get that!

Need #'s from:

Jason N.
    Jerry G.

Thanks again,

Sam

8. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Check received, Mr. S

Thank you again for your support of the team and all of colligate shooting! We're working with the University of Northen Iowa to help them with their new program up there, as well.

We're doing our best to keep the sport growing!

For those of you who know the ISU tradition of VEISHA, we've managed to get a University sponsored trap and skeet tournament. Unfortunately I will be working, so I can afford to shoot at all! (funny how that works, huh?)

I've got a bunch more tickets available!

Thanks again,

Sam

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Sam,

Were you down in Lenexa, KS for the Shootout at the Crossroads in early March?

If so, I told some of your team members I'd buy some raffle tickets, but you guys got away before I could get any from you (I was scoring the doubles event.)

Send me an e-mail (drop the xxx's and change the AT to @)

Tim

10. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Yes, sir I was!

Perfect weather, great shoot. I sent you an e-mail, thanks!

11. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

12. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Rico-12, check received, thank you!

13. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

The raffle was drawn this last Sunday at our team shoot at the New Pioneer Gun Club in Waukee, IA.

Our President drew the name. Unfortunately it was not a ticket I sold (my father and my tickets included).

But I wanted to thank you all for supporting the club. It really makes a difference so we can cover part of the cost to travel for shoots.

I love to see all the SCTP support, as I was on the team once, however, once you graduate, there is very little to no support in the colligate shooting arena (unless you go to Lindenwood..hah)

Once again, thank you. And don't be afraid to say hi to the ISU team if you see us!

Sam

14. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

sam you guys should start your raffle at the start of football and sell tickets at the games. i will be in ames saturday for the game and would have bought one. wish you the best of luck shooting at isu. i tried to get my son to check out the team afew years ago when he went there but he was too busy chasing girls and beers and studying. go cyclones.jackmitch

15. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Jackmitch,

I was thinking the same thing. I'm going on Saturday too and would have purchased a ticket. Wish I would have known about the shoot on Saturday, I would have gone up and bought a ticket there.

Oh well, maybe next year.

16. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Guys,

Thanks for the input. I'll let our advisor know and will try to keep y'all updated on our shoots. We usually have one in the Spring that's open to everyone and one in the Fall that's our competition shoot.

17. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

tom we will probably pass one another in the crowd. go cyclones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.