1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ist 100 straight ..does it count?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by StansCustoms, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

The setting is a shootoff situation...

Let's say you shoot one practice round before a shootoff tie and run the set. Then you shoot a "real" set in the shoot off 15 or 20 minutes later...and run it. Then the shootoff is won on the 3rd shot or so (3rd. set)...but you continue, and run that set too. (75 straight at this point).

Now that you're getting close to a 100... you grab another box of shells and shoot one more practice round just to see if you "can" run one more set...and you do!

Even though some was practice and some was for the shootoff...would this count as your 1st 100 straight? ...or must it all be shot in competition of some kind.

Stan...

2. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Just for your own calculations and bragging rights of course it's a hundred straight. You shot 100 straight with out missing any all on the same day. In my book that does it! Bill

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

At my club, if you break 100 birds without missing any, that gets you a patch. I give them out. You just have to tell me that you did it, and I'll give you a patch. It's kind of like a hole in one, if you did it, you should get bragging rights, no matter. Mark

4. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Are you talking about personal pride or the ATA?

In the eyes of the ATA you did not break 100 straight. That can only happen in an ATA sanctioned event and it must be in one single event.

For your personal satisfaction if your broke 100 in a row, no matter what the sequence then you can claim whatever makes you happy and gives you satisfaction.

It can get a little silly too. Suppose you entered a ATA 200 bird race and missed the first bird and last bird for a 198. Obviously you broke 198 in a row but that will not be recognized as a 100 straight. Now if you shot 100 straight in the first half of the event that would be recognized **I think**.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

6. primed

primed Well-Known Member

twostraight

The ATA has it written right there on the 100 straight pin that they award. It won't be awarded in this case however because it is not an ATA event in it's entirety.

Stan

Good shooting though. May the next one be soon.

Bob

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

The first and last 100's of the 200 qualify as 100's.

Competition straights require targets set to certified guidelines.

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

You know you shot 100 straight. That is all that matters.

9. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

How about if you shoot 50 at one club and then leave to go to another club and shoot 50 straight, is that 100 straight?

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

You know, I only count the ones I knew I could break...the others were all illegal targets..

I'm on 23,600 straight..

11. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

Stan,

You betcha it is a 100 straight! Get your patch and and put your memory of the event in your 'Happy Place'.

Chris

12. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

My 100 straights are mine to keep, if I care, get a witness, then it's proven beyond reasonable doubt. I don't need anyone else to certify it unless there's money or title involved.

If you married a virgin, do you need anyone to certify it? LOL.

13. StansCustoms

I think I like Ontario Chris's ruling the best ...LOL.

Maybe one day I will shoot a 100 straight in competition...one can only hope!

Still...I was really nervous on the last shot ...even if it didn't count for real...it still felt like it was for all the marbles..heh heh.

Stan...

14. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Not officially. When I shot my first and only hundred straight, it was in the middle of a run of 217 straight singles targets, but an official 200 straight didn't happen...just in my head....and that's OK too. I have the satisfaction of knowing how many I broke in a row.

Ron Burr

15. Oldgunsarebetter

Oldgunsarebetter TS Member

It counts where it matters most, in your head. Now you know that you can do it. Not the guy next to you, or the amatuers that should be pros.

16. StansCustoms

Well I guess it really does count in my head...because I shot exactly 100 rounds that day..no more, no less. I shot the whole thing in less than an hour...and not only did I shoot a 100 straight, but I didn't shoot at a single target that day I didn't hit.

Other than the last shot..it was the smoothest day I have ever had on the range...

The last shot was nerve racking ...all I could think about was people talking about how many times thay had shot a 99.. but didn't get their first 100 straight for 2 or 3 years or something.

I was shaking like the proverbial dog getting rid of peach seeds...LOL!

17. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Practice is not competition. Keep trying. Jeff

18. StansCustoms

It was for the singles Club Championship too (after 8 months of one Saturday per month Club shoots..) not all practice...but not all competition either.

The second round and part of the third were to determine the winner of this season's Singles Championship award.

Not a huge competitive event as far as Trap Shoots go I guess..just kinda special on a club level.

I'm not sure I'm not as happy with the 100 straight as I am the award...from a personal perspective.

I just didn't know what other shooters counted as their 1st 100 straight..and whether it would have been as significant to them as it was to me.

Still got a long way to go...but it just seems "a lot" closer than it was a 100 shots ago...LOL!

19. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I got my first 100 straight just shooting practice, but it still is one of my memorable moments. Not everyone lives for ATA targets. I have a 100 Straight patch from Winchester, that doesn't say anything about the requirements and restrictions for shooting it. I consider that you shot at and hit 100 straight targets. Congratulations. Mark

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Make your own rules. Then you can feel warm all over.

It is not the same no matter how some of you want to justify it.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.